MP 2.2.3 Unable to play .ts recordings and MediaPortal stops working for TV viewing (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I start being out of ideas.

Suggest that you start all over again:
    • Export your TV setting from within TV Configuration (channels, paths, ...) - this will create a xml file
    • Stop the MP2 Server Service
    • Uninstall MP2
    • Delete C.\ProgramFiles\Team MediaPortal
    • Rename C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal to something else
    • Install MP2
    • Open TV Configuration and import the previously exported settings xml file
    • Restart the MP2 Server Service
    Launch the client and try to play TV.

Manny

Portal Member
    January 7, 2020
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Thank you for your patience, so I decided to start fresh, I uninstalled and completely rid the computer of media portal files, did a registry clean, file clean up and reboot. I then reinstalled media portal and reset up my xmltv and channel mapping. After this I promptly received a player registry error and after checking the forums, this was normally due to a windows update needed. I checked my player updates and windows updates, downloaded KB4534132 and KB4532938. However, the problem still exists, the same issue with not being able to watch TV from within media portal or watch TV recordings. I can watch the recordings outside of media portal on either of my players and curiously, I can watch previews of my channels within the media portal configurator in the XMLTV plugin. I believe the issue might be within the client errors. Prior to downloading mediaportal I updated my GeForce 8600 GT graphics card driver from the website. Yet I am getting a Fatal error and warnings about the graphics card. Logs attached.

Attachments

• MediaPortal2-Logs-2020-01-31-13.57.25.zip
      1.4 MB

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    On the positive side: the server part is fully functional as you can preview channels and record them. (Although I don’t understand what you mean by “watching from with the xmltv plugin“. You probably refer to the preview function).

Do the latest logs show a single seat with both server and client on the same machine? At what time did you get the errors that you mention?

Manny

Portal Member
    January 7, 2020
    Home Country
    You are correct, I can use the "preview" button to watch TV on media portal configurator within the XMLTV function.

I installed it as a single seat, with both client and server on the same machine. How do I check the logs to see if this is what it is showing?

I got the "player not registered error" right after I did the clean install of MP and after I tried to use Media Portal, thus I did the windows update on the player.

Then the player not registered error was solved, but now back to my original error of not being able to watch TV or recorded TV shows from within Media Portal. The TV attempts to start then closes MP.

After that, I wanted to record some shows, so I set up the XMLTV and found EPG grabbing working and the ability to record working, but playing any recorded shows within MP was not working.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The source of the error is always the same:

[2020-01-31 13:56:14,057] [41467 ] [InputMgr ] [ERROR] - AsyncMethodDelegateCommand: Error executing method delegate
    System.BadImageFormatException: An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007000B)
    at MediaPortal.UI.Players.Video.Subtitles.MpcSubtitles.GetCount()
    at MediaPortal.UI.Players.Video.Tools.MpcStreamInfoHandler..ctor()
    at MediaPortal.UI.Players.Video.VideoPlayer.EnumerateStreams(Boolean forceRefresh)
    at MediaPortal.UI.Players.Video.TsVideoPlayer.EnumerateStreams(Boolean forceRefresh)
    at MediaPortal.Plugins.SlimTv.Client.Player.LiveTvPlayer.EndZap()
    at MediaPortal.Plugins.SlimTv.Client.Models.SlimTvClientModel.<Tune>d__119.MoveNext()
    --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
    at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
    at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
    at MediaPortal.Common.Commands.AsyncMethodDelegateCommand.<Execute>d__2.MoveNext()

[2020-01-31 13:56:14,470] [41880 ] [132 ] [ERROR] - ApplicationLauncher: Unhandled exception in application
    System.BadImageFormatException: An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007000B)
    at MediaPortal.UI.Players.Video.Subtitles.MpcSubtitles.GetCount()
    at MediaPortal.UI.Players.Video.Tools.MpcStreamInfoHandler..ctor()
    at MediaPortal.UI.Players.Video.VideoPlayer.EnumerateStreams(Boolean forceRefresh)
    at MediaPortal.UI.Players.Video.TsVideoPlayer.EnumerateStreams(Boolean forceRefresh)
    at MediaPortal.UI.Players.Video.VideoPlayer.EnumerateStreams()
    at MediaPortal.UI.Players.Video.VideoPlayer.get_Subtitles()
    at MediaPortal.UiComponents.Media.Models.BaseVideoPlayerUIContributor.Update()
    at MediaPortal.UI.Presentation.Models.BaseTimerControlledModel.OnTimerElapsed(Object sender)
    at System.Threading.TimerQueueTimer.CallCallbackInContext(Object state)
    at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
    at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
    at System.Threading.TimerQueueTimer.CallCallback()
    at System.Threading.TimerQueueTimer.Fire()
    at System.Threading.TimerQueue.FireNextTimers()
    at System.Threading.TimerQueue.AppDomainTimerCallback(Int32 id)

The channel that you are trying to watch is WLS-HD
    SlimTvHandler: StartTimeshift slot 0 for channel 'WLS-HD'
    Can you preview this channel in the TV Configuration?
    What happens if you completely switch of the Windows Firewall on the PC (just for testing purposes)?
    Are you using any additional virus and/or firewall solutions other then the Windows 10 onboard utilities?

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    This error:
    is strange. It happens only if a wrong "bitness" assembly is tried to load (i.e. x64 in a x86 process). But as the version of MP is 2.2.3, there is no x64 support yet and IMO the mpcsubs.dll in our installer is x86 as well.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @morpheus_xx , that’s what I told him earlier:
    that's not the problem. The error is due to a mix of x86 calling x64 or vice-versa. Never seen this before in MP2.
    As far as I can see he followed some outdated info and manually installed additional stuff. Maybe something else is still there that collides with MP2.

@Manny, after you uninstalled, did you verify that there were no leftovers in the TeamMediaPortal directory?

Manny

Portal Member
    January 7, 2020
    Home Country
    I am able to preview WLS in Media portal configurator
    I turned off the firewall and that does not solve the issue, Live Tv viewing still closing MP2
    After the uninstall, I completely cleaned the computer of all Team Media Portal files, including the ones in program data and then did a registry clean.
    what would you suggest to do next? I came across a forum post, but I cannot figure out if this might be a similar problem to mine or how they solved the issue:

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    what would you suggest to do next? I came across a forum post, but I cannot figure out if this might be a similar problem to mine or how they solved the issue:
    The referenced posting is unrelated, besides very old and outdated.

I wished I knew what to tell you. Technically the observed error is not possible: MP2 is a 32bit application and contains only 32bit libraries. Yet the error is caused by a 32bit calling something that is 64Bit. Yet it occurs...

Did you already add a movie or video share? Can you play media items other than TV? If you haven’t done so, you may verify that part by adding for example a video share and then moving/copying one of your recordings to this share. Once the importer has added it to the database you can try playing it from the Video section of MP2. If this works, then the problem is limited to the TV playback part.

TV is played as a RTSP stream and uses a special port (554?) Could there be any other software on your system that uses the same port?

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @Manny , what graphics hardware do you have and which driver version for it is installed?

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom