MP Client 'memory leak on playing Analog Radio and Analog TV via TV Plugin' (1 Viewer)

Ruud

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 5, 2004
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi,
    Nope, just replace it since it's already regged.

Regards
    Roy

Hi Roy,

just tried it.
    When trying to start playing radio I get the MP popup : unable to play stream1.0 audio codec: (and then no codec)
    trying a second time I get the unable to start recording/timeshifting message

For Tv the same (other then stream2.0)

hummm....

regards,
    Ruud.

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    Yeah i guess we have changed something in tv plugin which causes this, but ok - i'll digg a bit more.

Regards
    Roy

Ruud

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 5, 2004
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi,
    Yeah i guess we have changed something in tv plugin which causes this, but ok - i'll digg a bit more.

Regards
    Roy

my wife just asked me why is was dancing to bad music that I normally didn't like....

Figured out the my radio part... hold your breath:

On my client I have 1 GB memory. I have no swap file (because it will only wear down my HD and 1 GB is enough for a dedicated MP client)
    Starting My radio increases constantly the memory usage up to the point where MP crashes.

I have just turned on a swap file and guess what..... memory goes up by (appr.) 512 MB and then it holds steady with for MP in total (appr.) 640 MB (add windows and other apps and....).
    Radio works (with occasional stutter, but this is probably due to the 'huge' size in memory and low CPU spec)!

If this is by design: why do we need a buffer for streaming radio (and TV) of 512 MB?????

The TV is still not working but at least now it doesn't crash (sound keeps playing, no video)....

back to the living room, finish my 'funny' dance ;)

Ruud.

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    Ok, so the changes could be related to other parts in MP which holds graphics etc. Have you tested with a "slim" skin which doesn't use much memory?
    On my vista laptop & streaming analog radio from server MP uses 160MB.

Regards
    Roy

Ambass

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 24, 2007
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi Ruud,

I understand why memory usage increase, this can be fixed easily, but it's not the root cause of the problem.
    This will not do the Tv working.:(
    Could you attach logs including also streaming_server and tv logs. (I'm not able to reproduce problem with files you gave me ).

Ruud

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 5, 2004
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi,
    Ok, so the changes could be related to other parts in MP which holds graphics etc. Have you tested with a "slim" skin which doesn't use much memory?
    On my vista laptop & streaming analog radio from server MP uses 160MB.

Regards
    Roy

Hi,

currently on default blue3 wide screen skin, 122MB when 'idle'.
    Will try Monochrome, but I think that this will not make the difference in the 'buffer' of 512MB

I'm more curious why you do not have the 512MB 'buffer', is it XP related?

regards,
    Ruud.

Ruud

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 5, 2004
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi Ruud,

I understand why memory usage increase, this can be fixed easily, but it's not the root cause of the problem.
    This will not do the Tv working.:(
    Could you attach logs including also streaming_server and tv logs. (I'm not able to reproduce problem with files you gave me ).

Okay Ambass,

here we go. Started TV at appr. 19:57 (using monochome skin)
    Log of client (using log collector) attached,
    logs of server (just rarred the complete directory) attached

Thanks,
    Ruud.

Ruud

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 5, 2004
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Preload = off

Hi,

I always configure preload to be on by default in the tv service, just experimented with turning it off:

1. in TVsetup turned preload = off for both TV cards
    2. start my radio on 9:57
    3. nothing happens on client, client becomes totally unresponsive!
    4. on tv server I see that tuner 1 starts timeshifting radio station
    In order to 'unfreeze' client I have to stop and start the tv service on the tvserver (9:59)

The client now throws an audio codec not found popup, and becomes responsive again.

Same goes for TV, but I experiment with my radio because I now this works (apart from the occasional stuttering)

May seem not related, but maybe it is..... (timing / syncing graphbuilding in multiseat.... okay okay, remember I'm not a developer, just trying to 'imagine' what is going on behind the scenes ;))

Will do some more 'use cases'

regards,
    Ruud.

Attachments

• TVServerlog20090413(preload=off).rar
      30.7 KB

Ambass

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 24, 2007
    Home Country
    France France
    Try this tsreader.

The memory leakage should be fixed.
    I've also added some verbosity during initialisation phase to try to have some ideas....

Attachments

• TsReader.zip
      30.6 KB

Ruud

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 5, 2004
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Connecting to a stream

Hi,

yet another use case that does not work on my setup:
    1. on TV server start via manual control timeshifting
    2. on MP 1.0.1. client pickup stream via TV plugin
    3. sound start to play, no video, MP client becomes unresponsive
    4. on another machine use VLC to pickup same stream: playes both sound and video
    5. have to stop and start TV service in order to get MP client machine responsive again.

Please note that picking up the same stream from a MP 1.0 machine works okay (both sound and video)

My gut feeling is pointing more and more to the graphbulding part of the TV plugin.
    Just read another thread on MP popup saying no audio codec when viewing, so I also feel that this probem is 'hitting' more and more people (as more and more people are installing 1.0.1.)

anyway... logs attached!

please feel free to use me as a tester for this issue, seems that I am having a setups that have the most reproduce-able issues for this issue

regards,
    Ruud.

Attachments

• TVServerlog20090413(Streaming).rar
      30.7 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom