MP Client 'memory leak on playing Analog Radio and Analog TV via TV Plugin' (1 Viewer)

Ruud

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 5, 2004
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Try this tsreader.

The memory leakage should be fixed.
    I've also added some verbosity during initialisation phase to try to have some ideas....

Bonjour Ambass,

just installed your *new and improved* TsReader.
    Radio works (with stuttering) memory stays on appr. 140MB -> this is good news
    TV works (?) tried multiple times, cannot 'crash' it -> this is good news if you have changed something ;)
    Recorded TV initially didn't work, but when trying with the log collector it worked -> this is good news with a little suspicion ;)

So all logs are attached for three tests!

Thanks for taking your time to look into this!

regards,
    Ruud.

Ambass

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 24, 2007
    Home Country
    France France
    Tv works ....?!?

There is absolutly no change in this way....except if verbosity impacts on thread swapping...

Could you try this one ?

Attachments

• TsReader.zip
      30.6 KB

Ruud

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 5, 2004
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Tv works ....?!?

There is absolutly no change in this way....except if verbosity impacts on thread swapping...

Could you try this one ?

Hi Ambass,

please note that I have a minimum CPU ;)

I just tried your new tsreader.ax and did a round trip in one log collector pass:
    1. Radio works with occasional stutter
    2. TV popped up a "an unknown error occurred, unable to start timeshifting"
    3. second try TV works
    4. recorded TV works

With you previous tsreader.ax I got the same 'unknow error' message and the second time starting tv worked.
    Please note that currently a TV recording is taking place so this is different then this morning.

Logs attached.

thanks again,
    Ruud.

Ambass

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 24, 2007
    Home Country
    France France
    please note that I have a minimum CPU ;)

I'd understood....;)

With you previous tsreader.ax I got the same 'unknow error' message and the second time starting tv worked.
    Please note that currently a TV recording is taking place so this is different then this morning.

It's no so clear what is better ( or worse! ) from this morning ( I know my English is not perfect ;) ). But changes are quite non significant.

1 ) 1st & 2nd release : avoiding keep video data when Video pin is not connected ( Radio, and failing Video )
    2 ) ( from 1st to 2nd release ) changed verbosity to "10 mSec sleep()". This really should not change anything.

If there are some different behaviours, could you confirm and point out them ?

Cheers.

Ambass.

Ruud

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 5, 2004
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    It's no so clear what is better ( or worse! ) from this morning ( I know my English is not perfect ;) ). But changes are quite non significant.

1 ) 1st & 2nd release : avoiding keep video data when Video pin is not connected ( Radio, and failing Video )
    2 ) ( from 1st to 2nd release ) changed verbosity to "10 mSec sleep()". This really should not change anything.

If there are some different behaviours, could you confirm and point out them ?

Cheers.

Ambass.

Hi Ambass,

thanks for your reply,

I will install MP 1.0.1. with your latest TsReader.ax on all 3 of my 'production' machines and report back any abnormalities (with logs).

My best guess is that this is related to the speed improvement changes (that is when it started with the SVN's). I would say (but who am I) that the graph building fails because it does not wait until all information to build the graph is received / correct. I saw some (maybe) related thread regarding switching channels from DVB to Analog with black screen (sound but no video).... Maybe increasing the verbosity is delaying the graphbuilding just enough to build correctly.

Just to make sure we are not going nts on this one, I will also test again with the MP 1.0.1 original tsreader.ax (to confirm that this one doesn't work)

will report back,

Thanks (everyone) for taking the plunge with me on this one!

regards,
    Ruud.

Ruud

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 5, 2004
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    will report back,

Hi Ambass,

Okay, just did a complete uninstall of MP 1.0 from other HTPC, cleaned up all installed codecs, cleaned up registry.
    Installed MP 1.0.1 on client -> same issues as described above (radio / TV / recorded TV)

copied your second TsReader.ax and all worked......

regards,
    Ruud.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom