MP Client (1 Viewer)

heerfordt

Portal Pro
February 19, 2007
mvpmc

Hi Martin,

How far have you come with your idea?? I just bought a A110 device and have tested the work you have done with GB-PVR :) very nice .. i would say. The mediaportal really needs extenders! two years back I did a Mediaportal LiveTvPlugin for XBOX360 .. but it never was to successful.

The UPnP functionality that are planned don't really cut the need as I see it... there is a demand for your solution.

I'm willing to put in hours to see this idea coem true.

Br,
Uffe.

El Gitto

Portal Member
November 4, 2006
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
That's great news. The client Martin is working on is improving every day, I'm a GBPVR user and I'm very impressed with his work. Are you talking about creating a server for the mvpmc client inside Mediaportal, just like GBPVR has?

Chris

emveepee

Portal Member
November 5, 2006
Home Country
Canada Canada
How far have you come with your idea?? I just bought a A110 device and have tested the work you have done with GB-PVR :) very nice .. i would say. The mediaportal really needs extenders! two years back I did a Mediaportal LiveTvPlugin for XBOX360 .. but it never was to successful.

The UPnP functionality that are planned don't really cut the need as I see it... there is a demand for your solution.

I haven't done anything on the server side to make this happen, inf act at this point I don't even have MP installed. If there was some interested in starting the work, I would be very interested in helping out, on both the server and client side.

Martin

El Gitto

Portal Member
November 4, 2006
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
It may be a good idea to integrate this in Mediaportal 2, thus skipping version 1. If only we could make the MP2 developers interested. Up to now, there hasn't been much interest.

Chris

hardcorehire

Portal Pro
April 1, 2008
OHIO
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Can't wait for this!!!!!!!!!!

I think something of this nature is a must. I would love to use MP throughout my entire house, but don't want to have $800 PC's in every room and then configure each pc keeping up with all updates for windows installing all software and plugins on each pc. I am really waiting till something like this comes out to completely switch over from STB to MP throughout my house. Please keep this thread going I am willing to help any way with this also. I was thinking about going down Thin client route but no way to stream video. If this is a viable option to do the same thing I am willing to do what I can to help also.

eXisTa

Portal Member
October 20, 2009
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
I really love this idea since I used to use Media Center to watch tv.
I own a xbox360 and a Linksys DMA2100.

Someone said that there was a pre-release plugin or something?

postacalda

Portal Member
August 4, 2006
Home Country
Italy Italy
Hello guys

simple question: where do we stand on this ?

Do you know of any cheap and simple extender for MP that could use mp live TV recordings to be connected wireless and/or via cable ?
It has to be able to play HDTV smoothless

Can products such as "Dvico TViX HD N1 Streamer" do the job ?

Sorry about this basic question but I am really lost on this topic

thanks in advance

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom