MP Crashes every time I turn TV off - than back on (windows program error) (2 Viewers)

dquancey

Portal Member
July 31, 2009
Home Country
Did you ever get this resolved? I'm having the exact same issue.
It's causing that much of an issue I've moved across to XBMC until it's resolved and I really want back into MP.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Did you ever get this resolved? I'm having the exact same issue.
    It's causing that much of an issue I've moved across to XBMC until it's resolved and I really want back into MP.
    If you're really dealing with the exact same problem and it is such a serious issue for you, please could you provide logs as shackrock was asked to do (but did not).

dquancey

Portal Member
    July 31, 2009
    Home Country
    Serious as in Mediaportal has a far better PVR functionality. XBMC sucks for that.

I'll get some logs when I have time as I'd love to get this fixed.

I know it happens immediately as soon as my Yamaha amp is switched off. I've done a full reinstall also. Trawled through every fix I could find and still not fixed.

shackrock

Portal Pro
    December 27, 2008
    Raleigh, NC
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    If you're really dealing with the exact same problem and it is such a serious issue for you, please could you provide logs as shackrock was asked to do (but did not).

That's because it stopped happening for me, so I turned on the debugger and it has never crashed since.... so unfortunately I have no logs to post!

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Ahhh, I see. Well that makes sense. Thanks for posting back. (y)
    Hopefully the solution is so easy for dquancey too... :)

dquancey

Portal Member
    July 31, 2009
    Home Country
    Hi guys.

Logs as requested.
    I've just done a full reinstall on 1.4 and still getting the same problem.
    Hopefully someone can figure out what is going on.
    I've also updated my HD4000 drivers to the latest version, just FYI.

Thanks in advance.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello and thanks dquancey

Three things...
    First and foremost, I don't actually see evidence of the crash that you're referring to. Nothing in the system or application event logs; nothing in the MediaPortal error log; nothing in the MediaPortal log.

Second, although these logs seem to have been produced by the watchdog, it looks like the watchdog was just running in the background. When you use the watchdog that way we don't get debug-level logging unless you set the log level manually. In other words, unfortunately we're still missing info.

Finally, from the little I can see in your log files it looks like you repeatedly start TV, turn off your TV (I see "Main: Audio Renderer Intel(R) Display Audio removed"), and then MP immediately stops TV. To be clear, are you saying that you get a crash/error when turning the TV off/on while MP is streaming TV?

mm

dquancey

Portal Member
    July 31, 2009
    Home Country
    My htpc is plugged directly into my Yamaha receiver, if that helps. This only happens when I turn my receiver off.

Is there anything I can do to help?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi again dquancey

Generally we need more information from you, and we need you to be really specific and precise.

This only happens when I turn my receiver off.
    Okay... but that means you're not necessarily seeing exactly the same thing as shackrock (because shackrock said he sees the error when he turns his TV on and off).

So that we're all clear, can you please specify exactly what you do (ie. step by step) to reproduce the problem. Please be sure to specify if you're turning the receiver on/off while playing TV.
    Also, if you haven't already checked please can you confirm if the same issue applies for TV, video and music.

Is there anything I can do to help?
    Yes, as per my comments above, and my previous post.

Please set the log verbosity to debug and produce new log files:
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...aPortal_Configuration/11_General#General_page

...or alternatively use the procedure here to grab log files (ie. start MP using the watchdog), as this enables debug log verbosity automatically:
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_MEDIAPORTAL_1/16_Support/3_Forums/2_Log_Files

mm

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom