MP crashes if using ASIO with all SVN's since 17453 (1 Viewer)

Symphy

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 25, 2007
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Well at least we now know where it goes wrong. Your research has been very helpfull!

Because of the way it crashes i suspect it is the native bassasio.dll crashing. (BASS.NET.dll is just a wrapper)
    Officially bassasio is still beta, and i found a recent update on un4seen.com: View attachment 19133

I don't know what's been changed or fixed, but it's worth trying! If this doesn't work either, i'll do some posting on the bass forums to see what else i can find out.

Thanx,
    Symphy

phunqe

Portal Pro
    April 28, 2007
    I'm not that familiar with SVN, can I somehow get a list of all files changed in a certain revision (not relying on the change logs)? A complete diff would be nice, but Tortoise doesn't seem to include tools for that.

Symphy

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 25, 2007
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    What i did is go to SVN repository SourceForge.net Repository - [mediaportal] Index of /, set revision to 17454 and see what is tagged 17454. To find out that nothing has changed...
    I also created a revision graph with turtoise, but 17454 was not listed there... So i'm not sure either how to interpret all this.

BTW, that new dll doesn't work either?

diehard2

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2006
    Chicago
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Hi guys, looks like we missed this. I'll forward it to the correct dev.

phunqe

Portal Pro
    April 28, 2007
    I can confirm that the new DLL doesn't make MP crash and that the file is playing (seconds ticking), but there is no sound.

sdf

Portal Pro
    September 29, 2006
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Exactly the same.
    File plays, MP doesn't crash, but no sound.
    Bye,
    sdf

Symphy

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 25, 2007
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Any luck yet by any chance? :)

Just silence everywhere :D

But seriously, think it's up to a MP developer with Vista to further track this down and communicate with un4seen.
    In the meantime i'm looking into ways to support ASIO without using bassasio.dll.

Symphy

phunqe

Portal Pro
    April 28, 2007
    Thanks Symphy. It was going to be forwarded to a developer, but I don't know if that yielded any results.

EDIT: But it seems kinda weird though, did you get any replies on their forum? If it had problems with Vista it would probably be noted over there. Maybe it's the use in MP somehow...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom