MP crashes sometimes after resume from Standby (2 Viewers)

blub

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 1, 2013
    Giessen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Just got that message again when coming from STB and MP was frozen:

[2014-04-11 21:47:50,580] [Error ] [PowerBroadcast Thread] [ERROR] - VideoPlayer9: Exception while cleanuping DShow graph - Das COM-Objekt des Typs "System.__ComObject" kann nicht in den Schnittstellentyp "DirectShowLib.IBaseFilter" umgewandelt werden. Dieser Vorgang konnte nicht durchgeführt werden, da der QueryInterface-Aufruf an die COM-Komponente für die Schnittstelle mit der IID "{56A86895-0AD4-11CE-B03A-0020AF0BA770}" aufgrund des folgenden Fehlers nicht durchgeführt werden konnte: Schnittstelle nicht unterstützt (Ausnahme von HRESULT: 0x80004002 (E_NOINTERFACE)). bei System.StubHelpers.StubHelpers.GetCOMIPFromRCW(Object objSrc, IntPtr pCPCMD, IntPtr& ppTarget, Boolean& pfNeedsRelease)
    bei DirectShowLib.IBaseFilter.EnumPins(IEnumPins& ppEnum)
    bei DShowNET.Helper.DirectShowUtil.DisconnectAllPins(IGraphBuilder graphBuilder, IBaseFilter filter)
    bei MediaPortal.Player.VideoPlayerVMR9.Cleanup()
    [2014-04-11 21:47:50,587] [Error ] [PowerBroadcast Thread] [ERROR] - VideoPlayer9: Exception while cleanuping DShow graph - Das COM-Objekt des Typs "System.__ComObject" kann nicht in den Schnittstellentyp "DirectShowLib.IBaseFilter" umgewandelt werden. Dieser Vorgang konnte nicht durchgeführt werden, da der QueryInterface-Aufruf an die COM-Komponente für die Schnittstelle mit der IID "{56A86895-0AD4-11CE-B03A-0020AF0BA770}" aufgrund des folgenden Fehlers nicht durchgeführt werden konnte: Schnittstelle nicht unterstützt (Ausnahme von HRESULT: 0x80004002 (E_NOINTERFACE)). bei System.StubHelpers.StubHelpers.GetCOMIPFromRCW(Object objSrc, IntPtr pCPCMD, IntPtr& ppTarget, Boolean& pfNeedsRelease)
    bei DirectShowLib.IBaseFilter.EnumPins(IEnumPins& ppEnum)
    bei DShowNET.Helper.DirectShowUtil.DisconnectAllPins(IGraphBuilder graphBuilder, IBaseFilter filter)
    bei MediaPortal.Player.VideoPlayerVMR9.Cleanup()

blub

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 1, 2013
    Giessen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Ok setting "stop playback on removal of audio renderer" to "false" definitely leads to more crashes.

That's fore sure now :)

I have no set "MP always on top" to "false" - I hope that helps. Thats is also the setting user skurz has set.

blub

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 1, 2013
    Giessen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    ok that doesn't resolve the issues(s) either.

I have now done HDMI troubleshooting according to the wiki and set the resolution of my virtual desktop (when there is no HDMI connection) to 1080p just in case it turns out to be the resolution switching which kills MP - however I doubt that since I did reproduce that 20 times in a row once and MP did not crash. Furthermore MP seemed to do the resolution changes just fine in the log and crashed later on.

If it doesn't resolve the issue I am now running out of ideas for now.

As a summary for now I can say:
    • MP can either crash on going into sleep or when waking up from it
    • "stop playback on removal of audio renderer" set to "false" definitely leads to more crashes
    • "Keep MP always on top" - can give an Direct3D error on resume which is different from the other crashes and happens rarely

blub

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 1, 2013
    Giessen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Ok setting the resolution of a virtual desktop/monitor does not help as I expected.

I am very sure it is related to adding/removing of the audio device.

I have added my EDID override again as it obviously wasn't the problem and did save me from blank screens a couple of times.

As for the freeze issue I am out of options for now.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    It's related to Audio for sure.
    I remember fixing some catch exception but surely need to add more.
    Also the WIP branch (the latest you try) maybe need some improvement too (read here to be sure that all run in main thread to avoid COM object exception) :)

blub

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 1, 2013
    Giessen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi

Ok one more log. This time there is an exception in the log, some value should not be "zero". It crashed while going to sleep.

blub

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 1, 2013
    Giessen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi

1)
    On my HTPC I have the "famous" iMon VFD with its iMon Manager software. So when I put my HTPC to sleep via remote the iMon software tell Windows to "go to sleep" and not MP via its GUI - could that be an issue?

If so, could a shortcut in MP be created for going into standby?

2)
    What about a "dirty workaround" for this issue. In example an option to close MP when going into standby and restarting it when waking up?
    Might be worth considering I think.

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    If so, could a shortcut in MP be created for going into standby?
    It's there already. Arrow down on the MainMenu, select the PowerMenu (middle option), then option 5 ;)

blub

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 1, 2013
    Giessen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Ok to be more precise: I mean a keyboard shortcut that can be used via iMon :) (I knew its there :) )

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom