MP did not stop recording at the end of schedule (1 Viewer)

mizz

Portal Member
August 16, 2008
Home Country
Spain Spain
I can't attach the log.bak because i reinstalled MP, and it seems to be working fine now.

Thanks.

greybox

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 23, 2009
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I have same problem: my recordings are messed up and finish 0.5-4 hours later then scheduled. Can't figure out why. I tried using EPG, and setting the recording manually to last 1 hour plus a few minutes for pre and post, but it didn't solve the problem.

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I have same problem: my recordings are messed up and finish 0.5-4 hours later then scheduled. Can't figure out why. I tried using EPG, and setting the recording manually to last 1 hour plus a few minutes for pre and post, but it didn't solve the problem.

Can you please set a scheduled recording from EPG and make a note of when the program starts/stops. Then go to TVServer config and in the schedules tab, check what information is shown there for the recording.

Also check in TVServer config what you have as default pre/post record times.

Do you also try to modify the pre/post record times in MediaPortal itself?

I can't help thinking that you have configured something in a confusing way, so that MediaPortal is doing what you have asked it to do, but you haven't asked it to do what you think you have!

If you schedule two recordings on the same channel, without changing any of the settings, do they both end at the same time relative to the end of the actual program?

We really need to know what behaviour you are expecting before your logs make sense.

Best wishes,

Mark

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    And I would just check your database in case something has got corrupted there
    Open up a command prompt (as admin if Vista / Win7)
    navigate to MySQL Bin folder (is C:\\Program Files\\MySQL\\MySQL Server 5.1\\bin for me) and enter
    Code:
    mysqlcheck --user=root --pass=MediaPortal --auto-repair MPTVDB

greybox

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 23, 2009
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Done that. Surprisingly the TV server does not show the length of recording or end time. I wonder why? But the start time is correct.
    I also did the database repair and fixed a few problems, thanks jameson_uk for the tip! The recording issue seems to be resolved now.

But there is one other thing I noticed and it started a few days ago - every time the scheduled recording starts, I am getting a pop up message on the screen: "Which user account do you want to use to run this program", exactly like described here: Run As Shortcut Fix But the solution offered in that article did nothelp me. I am using Windows XP.

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    Done that. Surprisingly the TV server does not show the length of recording or end time. I wonder why? But the start time is correct.
    I also did the database repair and fixed a few problems, thanks jameson_uk for the tip! The recording issue seems to be resolved now.
    No idea why it went wrong but if checking the database has fixed it I will mark as no-bug

But there is one other thing I noticed and it started a few days ago - every time the scheduled recording starts, I am getting a pop up message on the screen: "Which user account do you want to use to run this program", exactly like described here: Run As Shortcut Fix But the solution offered in that article did nothelp me. I am using Windows XP.

Do you have any programs that would be triggered by a recording starting? (Comskip or the like?)

greybox

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 23, 2009
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Yes, I use comskip. But everything worked fine with 1.1.0. How can I fix the "Which user account do you want to use to run this program" pop up message?

Well, I disabled all TV plugins including comskip, same problem with the pop-up. Reversed back to 1.1.0 - the problem has gone.

Attempted to upgrade to 1.1.1 again - the MP locks up.

I will report this issue separately.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom