MP does not properly start anymore (2 Viewers)

Dirki

Portal Pro
July 28, 2012
Home Country
Germany Germany
OK, good to hear, catavolt.

just re-install - this often cures the bug in the MP installer not copying fonts correctly sometimes
I just did, same effect.

And thanks for the link...but...what I see on that page...compatible with 1.3.x...sounds like it is not compatible with MP 1.2.3, so may be that would explain...

Many thanks again.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    No Skin for 1.3.x is working with MP 1.2.x and vice versa.. There are too much skin related changes..

Dirki

Portal Pro
    July 28, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello Lehmden,

So that is the explanation...and I discredited the nice PureVision...so, might it be recommended to install MP 1.3 (it is a beta version, isn't it?) or are there to many disadvantages? When will be stable?

Strange, that anybody didn't notice the unfitting combination of my MP and the skin in the logs.

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    PureVisionHD even won´t install on 1.2.3.
    But to answer your question: MP 1.3 RC is rock stable and a lot better than anything before ;)
    So you might give it a try ;)

Dirki

Portal Pro
    July 28, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    But to answer your question: MP 1.3 RC is rock stable and a lot better than anything before
    OK, sounds good, catavoltc, and I assume, it has much more options, functions, advantages...and may be the configuration is much easier...actually these MPs run a little bit unstable generally on my system like it seems, so it wouldn't make any difference anyway.

So, I could just install it over the older one, I guess.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Once I get back home, I'll try that. Thanks!
    Once I get back home, I'll try that. Thanks!
    My mini computer HTPC was doing a fine job running mediaportal, but the internal fan is starting to get very loud. I'd like to...
    Replies
    Views
    @CyberSim was right. There was an order. I just checked the server configuration. But the command was in the client configuration of Powersheduler. I've corrected it now and hope it works now. I thank you for the support.
    @CyberSim was right. There was an order. I just checked the server configuration. But the command was in the client configuration...
    So far I have used the MCS standby tool to close the MP client before standby. This doesn't seem to work anymore and causes me to...
    Replies
    Views
    Check this web page for the informations about he plugin. To fix the issue, I recommend to uninstal and install the plugin again (if you need it).
    Check this web page for the informations about he plugin. To fix the issue, I recommend to uninstal and install the plugin again...
    I've just installed MP 1.31 with Streamed skin, IMDB+ plugin, Moving Pictures and MP-TV Series. First time starting up MP to...
    Replies
    Views
    I've done a few MP1 installs in the past and haven't had a problem, so I didn't expect one today. I just purchased a mini PC with Win11 installed. I downloaded and tried installing Mediaportal 1. I chose single click standard installation with no TV. It started working on things and I wasn't paying terribly close attention, but...
    I've done a few MP1 installs in the past and haven't had a problem, so I didn't expect one today. I just purchased a mini PC with...
    I've done a few MP1 installs in the past and haven't had a problem, so I didn't expect one today. I just purchased a mini PC with...
    Replies
    Views
    Judging by the source code, 1.20 has DB version 61, and 1.33 has DB version 62. That is, one column has been added: symbolRateMultiplier
    Judging by the source code, 1.20 has DB version 61, and 1.33 has DB version 62. That is, one column has been added...
    Hi I have a TV server 1.12 on a dedicated box, utilizing 2 DVB-C cards and newcs. I want to keep that installation. However one of...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom