MP does not properly start anymore (1 Viewer)

Dirki

Portal Pro
July 28, 2012
Home Country
Germany Germany
It stops starting somewhere before opening, cannot be accessed.

Fafnir

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 19, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    It stops starting somewhere before opening, cannot be accessed.
    Hello Dirki.
    Sry if this answer is not very specific, but I had a similar problem in the past.
    I must admit, that I do not know how to interpret the error logs properly, but concerning my problem:
    My MP crashed on start-up due to a crashed plugin, so I would suggest you disable all plugins, try to start MP and see what happens, if positive, re-activate your plugins after and after...Maybe you can find the Gremlin step by step!

Good luck, Fafnir

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I think it is a font (Schriftarten) problem. Can you test DefaultWide skin and see if it starts?

If yes, delete the font files in C:\Windows\fonts comming with PureVision and install them again manually.

Dirki

Portal Pro
    July 28, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Many thanks Fafnir and Holzi,

Yes, using another skin works.

So I will not use PureVision anymore, seems to be a skin of poor quality.

What does these black screens shwoing a "missing" file with path mean, when you sometimes click on an add on in the GUI, such a message quite often occurs.

Many thanks again.

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I don't think PureVision is a skin of poor quality. There is just a problem with the installer and the font. Maybe @catavolt can help!

What does these black screens shwoing a "missing" file with path mean, when you sometimes click on an add on in the GUI, such a message quite often occurs.

It means that you don't have the skin files for this plugin installed. If you use DefaultWide skin the plugin skinfiles you can find here: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/plugin-support-for-defaultwide-default-skins.114536/. If you use Titan skin just install TitanExtended. :)

Dirki

Portal Pro
    July 28, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I don't think PureVision is a skin of poor quality. There is just a problem with the installer and the font. Maybe @catavolt can help!
    But, rather use a skin that works without problems, if I can find one.

Ah, you have to install different files (if available at all) in addition for all the other skins offered...and it seems as if you had to install them separately...one by one...OK. So, it obviously should be better to know before which skin you will use. And so you cannot use each skin, you only can use the skin offered with the additional files you need for the add ons you use, I assume. Seems to be very complicated for me.

Now I have "Avalon" in use, but it seems as if there some menu items are missing which were available before, e.g. "Sonstiges" showing to the add ons.

Thanks for the help.

Titan extended seems to work with 1.3 only. I am not able to install it on MP 1.2.3 at the moment.

Last edited:

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    As far as I know Avalon comes with a BasicHome Editor (MP Config -> Plugins) so you can add items the way you want.

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    So I will not use PureVision anymore, seems to be a skin of poor quality.
    Wow. the first time someone mentioned one of the best skins available to be poor quality...
    That really hurts!
    Just FYI: Your logs show different errors regarding Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D.Font and others regarding wrong volume setting.
    If PureVision does not work on the first run, just re-install - this often cures the bug in the MP installer not copying fonts correctly sometimes. Pls. note: it´s a bug in the MP installer and not related to the PureVision HD skin at all ;)

Dirki

Portal Pro
    July 28, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    As far as I know Avalon comes with a BasicHome Editor (MP Config -> Plugins) so you can add items the way you want.
    Yes, I had found it and somehow tried some things to add without success, I will try again.

Wow. the first time someone mentioned one of the best skins available to be poor quality...
    That really hurts!
    Oops, I am very sorry for that...I have any idea of that at all, I do not get to work anything properly right with MP, so just a ridiculous statement, sorry again of somebody who had any idea.

it´s a bug in the MP installer and not related to the PureVision HD skin at all
    OK, very sorry again. I will try once again.

Users who are viewing this thread