[Question] MP Extended Cyrilic substitle support (1 Viewer)

egundoko

Portal Member
May 29, 2011
Home Country
Bulgaria Bulgaria
IS there a way to show subtitles with the correct encoding un the web app.

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    WebMP doesn't support subtitles at the moment.

(I don't have plans to implement it currently, but patches are welcome ;))

wouter1971

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 19, 2008
    Purmerend, Holland
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Oxan, i see you are Dutch. Me too, so i guess you need subtitles yourself too:)
    It loads the subtitles nicely, but i guess that are subs from the stream itself then, no srt?

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Ah, you're right. If you select a default subtitle language in the MPExtended configuration and your srt subs are correctly named (preferably using two or three letter ISO codes, but the full name might work too), you can get WebMP to shows up subtitles. It's more luck than intent that it works though (I won't remove it).

Last edited:

wouter1971

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 19, 2008
    Purmerend, Holland
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Ah, you're right. If you select a default subtitle language in the MPExtended configuration and your srt subs are correctly named (preferably using two or three letter ISO codes, but the full name might work too), you can get WebMP to shows up subtitles. It's more luck than intent that it works though (I won't remove it).

Ok, now i understand why it sometimes works and sometimes it doesn't work. Can i read something about the naming convention you mention because i have a movie that does load correctly and another one does not.

wouter1971

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 19, 2008
    Purmerend, Holland
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Found it somewhere:

Name.avi
    Name.srt
    And i understand that if the above does not work this must work:
    Name.de.srt
    Name.eng.srt
    Tries to extract a language from the filename (2 or 3 letter language code). If it is able to do so, it will set this language as the language of the subtitle track.

Last edited:

wouter1971

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 19, 2008
    Purmerend, Holland
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I don't understand why the first movie with name.Dutch.srt works fine and another movie with a name.Dutch.srt doesn't work. Howcome?

Last edited:

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hard to say without the full filename and the prefered language you configured.

Users who are viewing this thread