[fixed] MP freeze after resume from standby at different actions. (1 Viewer)

struppi21

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2011
    Bayern
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I have done some additional test with MediaPortalSetup_1.8.100-2-g56ad529.
    • Reinstall Catalyst Driver Package.
    • Set delay after resume to 25.
    • Set delay after resume to 5.
    Nothing helps.

Now I'm back to MediaPortalSetup_1.8.0-96-g638ec25 and this build is working fine.

splatterpop

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2007
    planet ASPARAGUS
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Same here. After the system had gone to standby, say overnight, the client tends to freeze. To reproduce, do the following steps:

Resume system, go to tv guide, select a program, start tv, then hit escape to back out to tv guide.

This will freeze the client in many cases. TV will keep playing in the small control at the bottom for about 15 seconds and then freeze also. The only wokaround I know is to use the stop key and let MP return to the guide by itself. Hitting "H" to go to basic home however does not freeze the client. Setting 10s resume delays did not help to solve the problem.

Unfortunately I have no logs available right now.

Brudertac

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 26, 2006
    Augsburg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Same here. After the system had gone to standby, say overnight, the client tends to freeze. To reproduce, do the following steps:

Resume system, go to tv guide, select a program, start tv, then hit escape to back out to tv guide.

This will freeze the client in many cases. TV will keep playing in the small control at the bottom for about 15 seconds and then freeze also. The only wokaround I know is to use the stop key and let MP return to the guide by itself. Hitting "H" to go to basic home however does not freeze the client. Setting 10s resume delays did not help to solve the problem.

Unfortunately I have no logs available right now.

Do you use LAV as Codec? I remember having this with other Codecs. Since i changed to LAV this is gone....
    Also you can try to don´t use RTSP if you have a Server/Client Structure...

splatterpop

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2007
    planet ASPARAGUS
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    For tv I use ffdshow for sd video, to have image enhancement, plus LAV for audio. I have used this setup for a long time without any issues, but since 1.7 hotfix, perhaps since 1.8, those freezes started to happen. However I believe they happen for HDTV also, which in my setup is completely LAV based. But not quite sure. I will try to switch to pure LAV for a while and see if it does any good.

What exactly do you mean by not to use RTSP?

splatterpop

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2007
    planet ASPARAGUS
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I was able to reproduce the error. Logs are attached.

Regarding your hint to the experimental options, my setup is single seat and does not seem to allow for UNC paths.

upload_2014-8-23_7-56-14.png

Attachments

• log-20140823.zip
      114.1 KB

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    my setup is single seat and does not seem to allow for UNC paths.
    Single seat automatically works with UNC paths, but you have the option to force RTSP.

splatterpop

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2007
    planet ASPARAGUS
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    So it's still an issue then? After RTSP and LAV are ruled out? What about the threading problems in the error log? Do you see any relation?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom