MP freezes every 15 sek (1 Viewer)

Dunnys

Portal Member
November 3, 2007
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
Hi,

I have the same issue. Installed in client mode NO tvserver installed but TV client is installed.
The freezing happens all places in the GUI and also if I'm only running the configuration. I have tried on 3 different installations. Vista x86, Vistax64 and Windows7 x86 all are fresh installations with all windows update to date and all have same issue.

I will post log files latere tonight.

Cheers...

karlake

Portal Pro
October 1, 2006
Borås
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
OK!

It said TVServer in install/remove, but maybe just the client in that packet

So there is a problem with the TVServer-client. Does not help to disable plugin, still same problem

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Yep its a heartbeat problem, if you installed MP with settings ie no tv of any kind, not doing a Client install this should not happen, really not sure how to get around without uninstalling.

Take it there is no TVServer\TVClient showing under the programs uninstall.

karlake

Portal Pro
    October 1, 2006
    Borås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    life is not so easy!

I'm planning to use TV on the machine, but my tvserver is not ready for use
    So it's would be good if it was enough to disable the client plugin if not in use, for the moment.

But now we know
    :D

Could be a good thing to warn about this in the installation

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    The problem comes in, if you select client, it disables a lot of internal plugins' but then enables others that work with TVServer, so if no TVServer configured, it will totally screw things up.

Better to do a normal MP install, just selecting "no" to TV, and then in the future, run installer again and select tv, this will then do the necessary update to files, leaving your original MP install intact, just giving the extra functionality of TVServer, which is your immediate problem.

Dunnys

Portal Member
    November 3, 2007
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Hi,

Thx. for the fast response, removing the tv client fixed the issue. Can I ask why the heartbeat is not running in a thread? that could eliminate the freezing issue in the GUI.

Cheers

/Dunnys

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    Thx. for the fast response, removing the tv client fixed the issue. Can I ask why the heartbeat is not running in a thread? that could eliminate the freezing issue in the GUI.

Obviously you have a good knowledge of "what should be", maybe you could have a look and come up with a FIX for this :)

We are always looking for improvements ;)

Dunnys

Portal Member
    November 3, 2007
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Hi,

Would love to help but I'm not familiar with Visual Studio :confused:, have coded in Delphi for many years so yes I know what “could” be done. :oops:

/Dunnys

karimkb

Portal Member
    October 24, 2006
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    oh man, this was bothering me for a while and was wondering why it was freezing every 10 seconds...i also installed it as a client, but said YES to using it for TV (which installed the TV server client also) b/c i planned on installing TV server on another machine at a later time.

Going to Control Panel and Uninstalled the TV Server Client solved this issue for me as well.

So you say that redoing the install will not affect any settings you have configured and will install the required files for TV Client? I just tried and it only gave me an option to do a fresh install...

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom