MP freezes every 15 sek (1 Viewer)

Fallen Kell

Portal Member
June 22, 2009
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I wonder if this is what my problem is as well.... It sucks that I have to uninstall to fix this, but I will give it a try (after I write down ALL my configuration changes which took me 2 weeks of tweaking to get the way I want). I don't use MediaPortal to actually do my TV recording, however, I did do a all-in-one box install, and said yes to the TV (but never configured the TV service and have it disabled). I had purchased a tuner card which came with a license for SageTV which I used for 2 years as my front end and TV recording, but I much prefer the interface and customization of media portal to SageTV, but the TV recording really isn't anywhere near as good as SageTV's recording methods (very good integration with TV schedules, individual channel line-ups for each tuner, and the scheduling of recording by SHOW not DATE+TIME, in other words, I say I want to record "Star Trek", and it will record it whenever and wherever it is on, no matter the channel, date or time (you can specify only specific channels if you want, handy for cases when you have a HD tuner and a SD tuner and want to record the HD version of a show, and you can also select between new, rerun, or any...)... Basically, it works a heck of a lot more like you would expect. I then simply import the recordings to MediaPortal to watch.

<><

Portal Member
June 25, 2009
you don't have to uninstall media portal...just go to add/remove programs and u'll see an entry for media portal tv server/client, just uninstall that.

take care

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom