MP hangs after suspend or TV off (2 Viewers)

peque

Moderator - Spanish Forums
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 4, 2007
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Hi Sebastiii,

Let's try to reuse all this investigation...

Some weeks ago, before I went on vacation, I also upgraded to 1.17 to 1.20, and I started suffering same problem (exactly) as described here. The moment I powered off/on TV, GUI freezed. The thing is that activating HDMI Control option from my AVR receiver, I could "avoid" the HDMI Audio device to be removed from windows, so somehow I found a workaround for the problem. You can have some more details in original thread:

Freezing after some time running

...there you offered us to test these binarys, but I had gone on vacation and I couldn't test.

Now I'm back, and although I've avoided HDMI Audio device to be removed activating HDMI Control, sometimes it happens anyway, and I've got those freezes... :(

So here I am. I can definitely reproduce what's described here just disabling HDMI Control from my AVR, so I can test and try to find a good combination and report back with any log you need.

I've tested your 5th (last, in fact) binary and GUI doesn't freeze! BUT... It's unusable. If I try to watch any video I can only hear the audio, and I can't watch TV (MP Hangs). I've tried that 5th binary in conjunction with core.dll from 3rd binary, but same thing.

So... what's next? Just tell me and I'll do what you need to narrow down the problem.

Thanks a lot!

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Great if you can reproduce easily, can you upload logs to see if it's the same issue?

peque

Moderator - Spanish Forums
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 4, 2007
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Yes, no problem. Here you have. I've just started Mediaportal Watchdog, power off AVR+TV and power back on both... After no more than 5 secons, GUI freezes.

EDIT: Sorry. Let me do it again as attached logs had too much garbage.

EDIT2: Done.

Attachments

• MediaPortalLogs_03_09_18__20_47.zip
      52.4 KB
    Last edited:

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Yeah, thanks for the up, always busy on my side but we can try something for sure :)
    @peque can you try attached (based on 1.20 Final) and grab some logs? :)
    Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom