MP is transparent after the splash screen (1 Viewer)

DragonQ

Portal Pro
August 30, 2011
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hmmmm I upgraded to 1.7.8 on my Windows 8 client PC (which only has two add-ons: StreamedMP and TV Logos) and TV no longer works. I either get an error "cannot play tsbuffer" or it plays like a second of audio then stops. Running in debug mode (no skins/plugins) works fine.

I then did a complete uninstall of MediaPortal and reinstalled it with StreamedMP 1.7.8, and now when I load MP it's transparent after the splash screen (I can see desktop but clicking anywhere makes the MP click sound). This is when installing StreamedMP with none of the optional plugins (Moving Pictures, etc.) aside from Menu Editor.

Last edited:

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Try deleting your skin cache and restart PC. If still occurs after that attach your logs, also try an Uninstall of StreamedMP and re-install then restart PC before starting again.

You said you Uninstalled MediaPortal, but did you also uninstall StreamedMP before re-installing?

DragonQ

Portal Pro
    August 30, 2011
    Home Country
    Yes, I:

1) Uninstalled StreamedMP
    2) Uninstalled MP
    3) Installed MP
    4) Tested with default skin (works fine)
    5) Installed StreamedMP
    6) Tested with StreamedMP (transparent screen when fullscreen, white when windowed)

I'm watching TV right now but I'll try to uninstall StreamedMP, restart, then reinstall it tomorrow. If I still have issues I'll post logs.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Ive seen people with similar issues (depending on logs) you might need to re-install Direct-X.

DragonQ

Portal Pro
    August 30, 2011
    Home Country
    How does one reinstall DirectX when it's built into Windows? If you mean the DirectX 9.0c runtime I don't think that can be reinstalled either.

DragonQ

Portal Pro
    August 30, 2011
    Home Country
    It seems to work now, after deleting the skin cache and rebooting. Is the skin cache not deleted when uninstalling StreamedMP and MP then? I don't really get how this could've happened.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    The cache is deleted on Uninstall and Install (definitely on install). I suspect MediaPortal created the cache, but something bad happened leaving it in a bad state.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom