MP not responding after pressing stop button (1 Viewer)

nick76

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 26, 2009
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    Hello all,
    I've a problem after updating MP to 1.4 (and now even on 1.5 prerelease).
    during a video reproduction, if I press the STOP button on the MCE remote, the MP stop responding on all others MCE buttons except the Power button. If I press the Power button, the HTPC goes to sleep, but once I restart it, it continues where it was stopped and the remote continues NOT working.
    I've changed batteries on remote, update OS and changed the LAV filters on SAF (with ffdshow) and others codec), but no success...
    If I press others button during the video everything seems to work correctly.
    I haven't modify any settings on Remote Menu and I've also changed the remote...
    UPDATE: even if I press the stop in the menu bar I got the same issue.. I don't think it's a remote issue... :-(

I attach the logs for more detail
    thank you very much

Nick

Last edited:

ph4r4o

Portal Member
    January 27, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Exactly the same problem on my two htpcs. Since upgrade to 1.4 stopping video/tv freezes mp. Because of changing to win 8 I thought it might be an os problem. Yesterday I installed 1.5 pre release and the error still occurs.

Just to add, IFC is NOT installed!

Last edited:

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hello all,
    during a video reproduction, if I press the STOP button on the MCE remote, the MP stop responding on all others MCE buttons except the Power button. If I press the Power button, the HTPC goes to sleep, but once I restart it, it continues where it was stopped and the remote continues NOT working.
    I've changed batteries on remote, update OS and changed the LAV filters on SAF (with ffdshow) and others codec), but no success...
    I haven't modify any settings on Remote Menu and I've also changed the remote...
    UPDATE: even if I press the stop in the menu bar I got the same issue.. I don't think it's a remote issue... :-(

thank you very much

Nick

See - https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...rection-plug-in-compatibility-problem.120139/ (you have IFC enabled in your logs)

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    I seem to have the same problem. If I press stop everything stops responding but the video continues to play. My only option is Ctrl-Alt-Del and force log off.

Fangio
    Exactly the same problem on my two htpcs. Since upgrade to 1.4 stopping video/tv freezes mp. Because of changing to win 8 I thought it might be an os problem. Yesterday I installed 1.5 pre release and the error still occurs.

Just to add, IFC is NOT installed!

Logs ?????

nick76

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 26, 2009
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    Hello all,

thank you very much

Nick

See - https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...rection-plug-in-compatibility-problem.120139/ (you have IFC enabled in your logs)

Hello Owlsroost,
    first of all, thank you everyone for your interest, really appreciate!!:)
    second: I disabled the IFC and I got the same issue... the stop didn't work.
    then I uninstalled the IFC and the MediaPortalURLSplitter (which I don't know what's for) from the MPExtension and the stop began to work again
    Thank you again

Nick

ph4r4o

Portal Member
    January 27, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Logs attached. IFC is not installed and I uninstalled MediaPortalURLSplitter, too. But the Problem still persists.

Suddenly while testing on my htcp in bedroom I have no audio in mediaportal but in Windows. And now the really strange thing, no freeze when pressing stop button.

Maybe it is an audio codec problem?

/I know I have to add my system specs, thanks for the hint and sorry so far.

Last edited:

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    Logs attached. IFC is not installed and I uninstalled MediaPortalURLSplitter, too. But the Problem still persists.

Suddenly while testing on my htcp in bedroom I have no audio in mediaportal but in Windows. And now the really strange thing, no freeze when pressing stop button.

Maybe it is an audio codec problem?

/I know I have to add my system specs, thanks for the hint and sorry so far.

It's possible (or a problem with MediaPortal Audio Renderer - there was a lock-up problem which has been fixed in MP 1.5) - try using the Default DirectSound Audio Renderer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom