MP on Win7 x64 (1 Viewer)

Valin

Portal Member
January 12, 2009
Karlskrona
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Hum no the Vista-compability does not work for me :(
Everything else on Win 7 seems to be working fine tho :) I like it..

Valin

Portal Member
January 12, 2009
Karlskrona
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
That does'nt work either :/ Wtf?!
I'm even running it as administrator and I have owner rights.. :( :(

Edit:
When I run the install in normal mode, it extract's the files and the installation starts, but at the end where i choose install, the following message pops up: "Your operating system is not supported by MediaPortal. Installation will be canceled." :(

asd7000

Portal Pro
May 17, 2008
For installation you have to extract the content of the exe file with 7-Zip. Then open the extracted Folder and move the content of the $outdir ( may have a different name but begins with $ ) one folder up. Set the Deploy Tool, The MediaPortal Package and the TV-Server to run in Vista Campatibility Mode and run the Deploy Tool. The installer will give some stupid messages like your system is not supported but will install.

To the codec question you can use all internal Codecs of Windows, mpeg2, mpeg4 divx, ecxept the h264 codec :mad:
I grabed the h264 codec from PowerDVD 8 even with the MS drivers for my ATI HD3450 DXVA works and i can watch FullHD videos on my old pentium 4 3,2ghz.

Windows 7 is very stabel. I got it crashed with the ati/cyberlink codec from 2005 but i guess you would get vista crashed with the same codec :D After the installation of the newest PowerDVD 8 everything is fine. even dxva works never got it to work on xp or vista. im using the microsoft mpeg2 codec. but don´t use the ms codec for dvd otherwise you have to watch the fbi warnings and ads :D

I would never install Vista again. Vista mades my Pentium 4 3,2Ghz with 3Gb of Ram feel like a 486er. Ok windows 7 needs some time to boot but after that it runs very fast even with all that aero things switched on. Im now running it for 3 weeks on my system nonstop. No downtime :D in this time the tv-server also with the MS drivers for the tv-cards recordet over 50 shows!

There is only one hard thing if you want to use the microsoft mce remote you have to install the vista mce replacement drivers and the mce replacment plugin for MP.

Autorun can easily be deactivated via control panel. The Windows Media Center can be deaktivated via gpedit.msc!

Pretoriano

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 1, 2007
    Roma, Italia
    Home Country
    Romania Romania
    That does'nt work either :/ Wtf?!
    I'm even running it as administrator and I have owner rights.. :( :(

Edit:
    When I run the install in normal mode, it extract's the files and the installation starts, but at the end where i choose install, the following message pops up: "Your operating system is not supported by MediaPortal. Installation will be canceled." :(

I don't know why is not working for you...maybe disabling UAC will do the trick (i had UAC disabled when i installed).:confused:

asd7000

Portal Pro
    May 17, 2008
    You can try installing the Sql-Server, the MediaPortal package and the TV-Server package manualy. Then you only need the Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable. For Windows 7 there is not more needed.

Valin

Portal Member
    January 12, 2009
    Karlskrona
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    You can try installing the Sql-Server, the MediaPortal package and the TV-Server package manualy. Then you only need the Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable. For Windows 7 there is not more needed.

Hmm, you know what, it does'nt matter, I'll run it on my Win XP fileserver/mediacenter.. Thnx ;)

settingsun

Portal Pro
    April 1, 2008
    For installation you have to extract the content of the exe file with 7-Zip. Then open the extracted Folder and move the content of the $outdir ( may have a different name but begins with $ ) one folder up. Set the Deploy Tool, The MediaPortal Package and the TV-Server to run in Vista Campatibility Mode and run the Deploy Tool. The installer will give some stupid messages like your system is not supported but will install.

To the codec question you can use all internal Codecs of Windows, mpeg2, mpeg4 divx, ecxept the h264 codec :mad:
    I grabed the h264 codec from PowerDVD 8 even with the MS drivers for my ATI HD3450 DXVA works and i can watch FullHD videos on my old pentium 4 3,2ghz.

Windows 7 is very stabel. I got it crashed with the ati/cyberlink codec from 2005 but i guess you would get vista crashed with the same codec :D After the installation of the newest PowerDVD 8 everything is fine. even dxva works never got it to work on xp or vista. im using the microsoft mpeg2 codec. but don´t use the ms codec for dvd otherwise you have to watch the fbi warnings and ads :D

I would never install Vista again. Vista mades my Pentium 4 3,2Ghz with 3Gb of Ram feel like a 486er. Ok windows 7 needs some time to boot but after that it runs very fast even with all that aero things switched on. Im now running it for 3 weeks on my system nonstop. No downtime :D in this time the tv-server also with the MS drivers for the tv-cards recordet over 50 shows!

There is only one hard thing if you want to use the microsoft mce remote you have to install the vista mce replacement drivers and the mce replacment plugin for MP.

Autorun can easily be deactivated via control panel. The Windows Media Center can be deaktivated via gpedit.msc!
    Running win7x86 on test partition (x64 too problematic) also using the mce remote. I got the replacement driver which seemed to install ok but the replacement plugin will not load in mp config, it states the version is too old. did you have this issue and if so how did you overcome it?
    cheers settingsun

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom