MP on Win7 x64 (1 Viewer)

asd7000

Portal Pro
May 17, 2008
Don´t know if there is a replacement plugin for the Windows Media Center Itselfes. Sorry didn´t mind that some people want to use the windows media center :D But without a replacement plugin vor Windows Media Center you have to decide you want the remote be working in MP or WMC! :mad:

asd7000

Portal Pro
May 17, 2008
If i would know :confused: I can´t say something serious about that. I know that MediaPortal only works with the standart driver when general hid is selected. As MCE Remote MP can´t use the Remote. Maybe its the driver architecture and they chanced it for better compatiblity or what ever. But i think the problem is the Windows Media Center. As decribed before some posts you can use also the standart driver from MS and disable the automatic buttons. But even that driver doesn´t work then in Windows Media Center and there is a second problem. I have some buttons on the front of my scaleo e. And sometimes i need them. When you use the MS driver and enable general hid support in MediaPortal too some of the MCE buttons regonized two times. Only with the replacement driver i can use both input device at the same time without problems. So what i wanted to say before i think the System or Media Center itselfs eats all commands from the remote or better said eats the special commands. Because the up/down buttons and the play and so on are working without system change!

fabio79

Portal Member
November 12, 2007
Home Country
Italy Italy
Hi guys, this is my experience with mediaportal and win7 64bit:

I've windows 7 ultimate 64bit (previusly winxp pro) and I've installed mediaportal 1.0.2 with ffdshow (32 and 64bit).
Initially all worked fine (seemed to work fine..). If I reboot system and start mediaportal it's all ok but, if I start mediaportal whith system started by 1 or 2 hous I've a great problem playing any type of video format.

Here an example:

Same problem using mediaportal 1.1.0 beta

I've tried any type of codec (ffdshow, cyberlynk, MPC MPEG-2 Video decoder, Microsoft DTV-DVD). Allways the same problem. If system is just restarted, playback is perfect, otherwise the result is the same I've posted with the screenshot.

Someone can help me?

--EDIT--
Changing the mediaportal compatiblity to "Windows xp SP3" works fine.... ?!?!?

--EDIT 2--
Same problem with Xp xompatibility too

geov

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 1, 2006
    Cape Town
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa

I've windows 7 ultimate 64bit (previusly winxp pro) and I've installed mediaportal 1.0.2 with ffdshow (32 and 64bit).
    Initially all worked fine (seemed to work fine..). If I reboot system and start mediaportal it's all ok but, if I start mediaportal whith system started by 1 or 2 hous I've a great problem playing any type of video format.

Here an example:

I've tried any type of codec (ffdshow, cyberlynk, MPC MPEG-2 Video decoder, Microsoft DTV-DVD). Allways the same problem. If system is just restarted, playback is perfect, otherwise the result is the same I've posted with the screenshot.

Someone can help me?

--EDIT--

--EDIT 2--

I've been running MP-Beta for about two weeks on Window7 64bit, and have no problems at all....

Shazell

Portal Member
    June 5, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom

Here an example:

Someone can help me?

--EDIT--

--EDIT 2--

I am experimenting with Win7 and MP atm, only using 32 bit Win7 but still encountering a view issues.

With the Codecs though I had loads of problems, I found switching to VMR9 instead of EVR solved most of them, I am now getting good playback using the PDVD9 codecs for HD and SD.

But my overall opinion is that if you want to use Win7 and MP then expect a lot of issues until the next stable release of MP, luckily I still have XP installed on a second drive so can switch back to a stable system at a click.

DrSoton

Portal Member
    April 15, 2009
    I find this somewhat confusing...

GeneralRequirements - MediaPortal Manual Documentation

Operating System

Supported operating systems•Windows XP 32-bit Edition with at least service pack 3
    •Windows Media Center Edition 2005 with service pack 3
    •Windows Vista 32- and 64-bit with at least service pack 1 •Windows 7 32- and 64-bit
    We strongly suggest to install always the latest available service pack for your platform

Unsupported operating systemsPlease note that the following operating systems are not officially supported. However, you will be able to run MediaPortal on some of them.
    Use the following overview as a guideline only. •The MediaPortal installer won't run on the following versions:
    ◦Windows 2000 and older editions ◦Windows XP 32-bit Edition before service pack 3
    ◦Windows XP 64-bit Edition ◦Windows Vista before service pack 1
    •The MediaPortal installer will issue a warning, but will allow you to install on:
    ◦Windows 7 Beta (warning will be removed when it goes RTM) ◦Windows Server 2003 and 2008 (Microsoft does not release essential hotfixes for using TV cards) ◦Windows XP and Vista with beta/release candidate service packs Please, do not submit bug reports when running an unsupported operating system! You will only burden the developers, and cause unnecessary frustration for both yourself and the MediaPortal developers.

Clearly suggesting Windows 7 32 & 64 IS supported, only windows 7 Beta is unsupported....

:confused::confused::confused:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom