MP on Win7 x64 (1 Viewer)

AlienAndy

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 23, 2007
    Nuneaton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    There is only one hard thing if you want to use the microsoft mce remote you have to install the vista mce replacement drivers and the mce replacment plugin for MP.

I've been tinkering around with the 64bit version of Windows 7, and I have 'issues' with the Microsoft MCE remote on MediaPortal. Some of the controls work and some don't. You mentioned above about installing the 'vista mce replacement drivers and the mce replacement plugin', and I have no idea where you get these from?
    Can you help me out mate?
    Thanks.

Otherwise MediaPortal seems to run superbly on Windows 7 beta build 7000!!

asd7000

Portal Pro
    May 17, 2008
    There are two ways. First way is using the driver of the system and the mce-replacement plugin. Then you have to disable the MediaPortal inbuild support for General HID Devices and the MCE-Remote. Then you have to disable the automatic button mapping in the MCE Replacement Plugin. The configuration of the MCE Replacement Plugin is found in the plugins sektion of MediaPortal. Maybe you have to reboot. Then everything should be fine. But if you want to use front buttons of your case or the media buttons of a keyboard this is not the right way. Because if you enable the support for Genral HID Devices some buttons of the MCE Remote are recognized twice!

The second way is to install the MCE Replacment driver for Vista. Its done via device manager. Under usb you find the mce ehome receiver and here you have to update the driver with the downloaded one. And do the same things like above. But now you can also enable the support for General HID Device in MediaPortal. So i can use the front buttons of my Scaleo E too. Not that i often need them but i want be able to use them :D

Here you get the MCE Replacement Plugin:

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/attachments/mce-replacement-plugin-165/18659d1206166966-latest-test-version-mce-replacement-plugin-mce-replacement-plugin-1.0.4.2-preview-4-.zip

And here is the MCE Replacement Driver for Vista:

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/attachments/mce-replacement-plugin-165/11435d1191421706-mce-replacement-driver-obsolete-mce-replacement-driver.zip

If this is not working you could also try this one.

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/attachments/mce-replacement-plugin-165/32179d1230936782-server-2003-xp-x64-ehome-working-ehome_x64_2003.rar

AlienAndy

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 23, 2007
    Nuneaton
    Home Country
    There are two ways. First way is using the driver of the system and the mce-replacement plugin. Then you have to disable the MediaPortal inbuild support for General HID Devices and the MCE-Remote. Then you have to disable the automatic button mapping in the MCE Replacement Plugin. The configuration of the MCE Replacement Plugin is found in the plugins sektion of MediaPortal. Maybe you have to reboot. Then everything should be fine. But if you want to use front buttons of your case or the media buttons of a keyboard this is not the right way. Because if you enable the support for Genral HID Devices some buttons of the MCE Remote are recognized twice!

The second way is to install the MCE Replacment driver for Vista. Its done via device manager. Under usb you find the mce ehome receiver and here you have to update the driver with the downloaded one. And do the same things like above. But now you can also enable the support for General HID Device in MediaPortal. So i can use the front buttons of my Scaleo E too. Not that i often need them but i want be able to use them :D

Here you get the MCE Replacement Plugin:

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/attachments/mce-replacement-plugin-165/18659d1206166966-latest-test-version-mce-replacement-plugin-mce-replacement-plugin-1.0.4.2-preview-4-.zip

And here is the MCE Replacement Driver for Vista:

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/attachments/mce-replacement-plugin-165/11435d1191421706-mce-replacement-driver-obsolete-mce-replacement-driver.zip

If this is not working you could also try this one.

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/attachments/mce-replacement-plugin-165/32179d1230936782-server-2003-xp-x64-ehome-working-ehome_x64_2003.rar

Thanks for all that mate. MUCH appreciated.
    I will have a go as soon as my new dog stops savaging me!! :D
    I'll let you know how I get on.

Nice one.

Okay. Firstly, every time I try to update the eHome driver with what you have given me, I get a message stating that the current drivers are already up to date?

Also, I am unable to find the automatic button mapping in the MCE Replacement Plugin for me to disable?

Sorry about this. I'll bet the answer is right infront of me too!! :D

Just for info. I can use my Microsoft MCE Remote to select Videos, then the Video File, so the video/movie starts playing. But then I am unable to stop or fast forward or return to the mediaportal menu after that. So basically watching a video at the moment means I have to sit all the way through it before getting back to the menu.

Help! :confused:

wima

Portal Member
    June 25, 2007
    I have the same problem. Running MediaPortal 1.0 on Windows 7 Beta x86. Some keys does not work.
    I cannot find the "automatic button mapping in the MCE Replacement Plugin".

Is there a way for MCE Remote in MediaPortal 1.0 on Windows 7 Beta x86?

Thank you
    wima

AlienAndy

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 23, 2007
    Nuneaton
    Home Country
    Damned nuisance not being able to use the remote.
    I for one will stick with my Vista x64 for now, atleast everything works!

asd7000

Portal Pro
    May 17, 2008
    You have to install the driver manualy. First select Update Driver, the select Browse my Computer for Driver Software, then select let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer and then have Disc. Now you have to point to the location of the downloaded driver and install the driver even if windows says you should not. For the Automatic Button Mapping you have to select the configuration of the MCE Replacement Plugin that is found under the plugins tab of the mediaportal configuration. there is a configure button and there you can select to disable the automatic button handling.

wima

Same procedure for you. But you have to use the first of the both drivers in my last post. It´s the Vista replacment driver that works fine for me under Windows 7 x86!

Sorry for that long time to post had some adsl problems. No Sync and the support said broken line. Then they said the technician would arrive after the weekend so i had to do some tests and found out the broken piece of line was inside the flat. Well ot that i would need the stupid telefone but a weekend without internet, what would i be living for :D

wima

Portal Member
    June 25, 2007
    I installed the replacement driver with install_vista_x86.bat. Then I made a reboot. With this settings it does not work. None of the remote keys work.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Can you help more please? I'm too stupid...
    Thank you
    wima

Attachments

• 1.png
      1.png
      80 KB
    • 2.png
      2.png
      61.1 KB
    • 3.png
      3.png
      30.7 KB
    • 4.png
      4.png
      14.5 KB
    • 5.png
      5.png
      19.1 KB
    • 6.png
      6.png
      18.5 KB
    • 7.png
      7.png
      18.5 KB

grubi

Portal Pro
    June 16, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I don't want to moan but where is the point (beside "wasting" a lot of time)?
    Sure mankind is always interrested if something is possible or not, but if you want a stable system simply use Visa or WinXP.

Just my 2 cents.

grubi.

asd7000

Portal Pro
    May 17, 2008
    Ok first its a good sign when the buttons aren´t working at the moment. Means that the correct driver is installed :D
    And you´re just one step ahead. It´s my fault it isn´t named disable automatic button mapping its named disable automatic buttons. That is found on the button of the displayed tab in the following image. Just set a mark in the checkbox and test. Maybe you have to reboot after setting disable automatic buttons but normaly it´s working without reboot.

33318d1232280530-mp-win7-x64-5.png

wima

Portal Member
    June 25, 2007
    Now the remote works in Media Portal, thank you! BUT: how do I have to configure it, that I can use the remote in Media Center too?

Thank you
    wima

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom