MP stopped playing dvr-ms files (1 Viewer)

frietkot

Portal Member
January 1, 2006
Area:Video decoder
MP Version: MP RC 2
Skin: metal
Windows Version: xp home sp 2
CPU Type:Celeron 2.66 GHZ
Memory: 768 mb
Motherboard Chipset: Asus Tek P4s800 MX
Video Card:Nvidia Geforce 4 MX 400
Video Card Driver: 6.1.7.2
Video Card Resolution: 1024 x 768
Video Render Type: VMR9
Video Codec Type & Version: Cyberlink Video/SP decoder 6.00.1402 CLVSD.AX
Audio Codec Type & Version: audio codec you used for testing
TV Card: n/a
TV Card Type: n/a
TV Card Driver:n/a

Synopsis: My MP use to play dvr-ms files fine and dandy. Suddenly it will not play those files anymore. It still plays dvd's and avi files. I did not change any settings. When I try to play a dvr-ms file I get the following error message:

Error signature:

Appname: Mediaportla.exe Appver: 0.0.0.0. Modname: CLVSD.ax
Modv: 6.00.1402 OFFset: 000d410

What is the matter?

frietkot

Portal Member
January 1, 2006
corretion: MP does not play dvd's either anymore. Just avi and some mpeg files. I tried different decoder settings, to no avail.

frietkot

Portal Member
January 1, 2006
I also tried to install the codex according to new instructions:

Elecard Mpgeg player 2.3.2 ? The link given to this site is not available, Elecard has only the Mpeg player 4 available and I cannot find Mpeg2smc.ax
codex.

Callifo

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 7, 2004
    Adelaide, Australia
    Home Country
    That codec guide must be old as you can use whatever mpeg2 codec you want these days. Give another one a try such as Nvidia or Intervideo.

frietkot

Portal Member
    January 1, 2006
    I have downloaded windvd 7. Same problem. Same error. I had it with this.
    I buy myself another set of Windows Media centre software. It works excellent on my big media centre rig. This is absolute nonsens.

talos

Portal Pro
    August 24, 2004
    UK
    Mmmm. If you're having so many problems, you're probably better off buying software, although I feel sorry for their tech support as you appear to have all of the patience of an adult mayfly.
    Anyway, for others stumbling across this, make sure you completely uninstall previous versions of Media Portal (after backing them up first of course) before installing RC2, and only install if you want to play with it - it's a release candidate, not an official release!

Callifo

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 7, 2004
    Adelaide, Australia
    Home Country
    Considering the 'tech support' people are forum users and they do it for free, Id say its pretty decent. His problem being a crash, is out of most forum users line of expertise.

I suggest having a cleanup of your currently installed codecs and try again. Also perhaps a completely clean (delete all existing files in the MP directory) re-install of MP.

Having played with RC2 with some cvs, Id say its overtaken my stable build for quality which is post 0.1.3.0, so in the next few days Ill probably upgrade my htpc box to it.

Jetboy

Portal Pro
    April 15, 2005
    Stockholm
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Callifo said:
    Also perhaps a completely clean (delete all existing files in the MP directory) re-install of MP.

I had a similar problem that seems to be resolved by following the quoted tip from Callifo. See this thread for more info.

talos

Portal Pro
    August 24, 2004
    UK
    Also perhaps a completely clean (delete all existing files in the MP directory) re-install of MP.
    Sorry - that's what I meant by completely uninstalling, but failed to elaborate. That's the last time I post at five in the morning :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom