MP TV Series not importing certain series (1 Viewer)

T.Q

Portal Member
August 6, 2008
Home Country
Canada Canada
Not sure what the issue is, but MP TV Series has stopped importing new series.

The specific series are: The Universe, Planet Earth, Firefly, The Prisoner, and Farscape. Here are some sample file names:

C:\My Videos\My TV Series\Farscape\Farscape Season 1\S01E01 - Premiere.avi

C:\My Videos\My TV Series\The Prisoner\The Prisoner - 01 - Arrival.avi

Very similar to all my other series, so I'm pretty sure it's not the naming scheme.

Anyone have any ideas?

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Got a log? I have seen lots of XML errors with the online data recently.

T.Q

Portal Member
    August 6, 2008
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I'll see if I can get one up later. It's not showing any xml errors, it just refuses to see these new series. I can go in and manually add the episodes and it will pull down all the data for each one I add, and it will automatically add new episodes for existing series, but it absolutely will not recognize that there are new series present in the folder.

EDIT:
    Uploaded debug log file (I hope that's what you wanted). As you can see, it doesn't recognize my Farscape or Firefly files at all-as if they don't exist. As well, the ones I manually added, it seems it's unable to pull any information from TVDB (The Prisoner, Planet Earth, Firefly and The Universe). Also, they show up twice in the log, but only once on mediaportal, and I'm able to watch them.

EDIT 2: You can see in the log it added the new Burn Notice episode. I just created that folder and put that episode in there, and it found that one fine and added it in. I'd never had Burn notice on Media Portal before. Now I'm really confused, as it seems to be picking some series/episodes up correctly...

Sillycrap101

Portal Member
    February 28, 2007
    Hi,

I'm having the same problem with "24". I have deleted the database and downloaded the lastest TV series DLL. It seems to import all the other shows fine. When I get the option to select 24 as the series it crashes media portal. when I run the import in the config mode I get an error saying....

"Failed to load XML: Unexpected XML declaration. The xml declaration must be the first node in the document, and no white space characters are allowed to appear before it. Line 33, position 3"

Any ideas?

T.Q

Portal Member
    August 6, 2008
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Hi,

I'm having the same problem with "24". I have deleted the database and downloaded the lastest TV series DLL. It seems to import all the other shows fine. When I get the option to select 24 as the series it crashes media portal. when I run the import in the config mode I get an error saying....

"Failed to load XML: Unexpected XML declaration. The xml declaration must be the first node in the document, and no white space characters are allowed to appear before it. Line 33, position 3"

Any ideas?

No, that's not the same issue that I'm having. For me, MP TVSeries is not recognizing that there are new series to import.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hi,

Any ideas?

Online TV Database • View topic - Error in XML

T.Q

Portal Member
    August 6, 2008
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    OK, problem solved, and I'm an idiot. It was the naming that was the issue. Renamed the problem series, and everything imported fine.

But, since I started this thread, I'll put it to use and ask another question. In my log, you can see three entries:

02x02 my maserati does
    03x10
    06x09 s r

Now, the thing is, these three files are nowhere to be found on my computer. They do not exist. Yet MP TVSeries keeps showing them and trying to import them.

Any ideas?

arryo

Portal Pro
    July 12, 2008
    I have the same problem with Planet Earth (not importing to database), the file names are followings, im not sure how should i rename those file names:

Planet.Earth.EP01.From.Pole.to.Pole.2006.720p.HDDVD.x264-ESiR
    Planet.Earth.EP02.Mountains.2006.720p.HDDVD.x264-ESiR
    Planet.Earth.EP03.Fresh.Water.2006.720p.HDDVD.x264-ESiR
    Planet.Earth.EP04.Caves.2006.720p.HDDVD.x264-ESiR
    Planet.Earth.EP05.Deserts.2006.720p.HDDVD.x264-ESiR
    Planet.Earth.EP06.Ice.Worlds.2006.720p.HDDVD.x264-ESiR
    Planet.Earth.EP07.Great.Plains.2006.720p.HDDVD.x264-ESiR
    Planet.Earth.EP08.Jungles.2006.720p.HDDVD.x264-ESiR
    Planet.Earth.EP09.Shallow.Seas.2006.720p.HDDVD.x264-ESiR
    Planet.Earth.EP10.Seasonal.Forests.2006.720p.HDDVD.x264-ESiR
    Planet.Earth.EP11.Ocean.Deep.2006.720p.HDDVD.x264-ESiR

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Add the season to the filename and remove the 'P' before the episode number e.g. Planet.Earth.S01E02.Mountains.2006.720p.HDDVD.x264-ESiR

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom