MP-TVSeries causes MP to crash (1 Viewer)

talcbaby

Portal Pro
June 15, 2011
Home Country
Wales Wales
thanks holzi. is that the default option then because i never changed it(knowingly):D

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: MP-TVSeries causes MP to crash

I think default is "ALL". But you should ask this Damien (ltfearme).

Striper

Portal Member
    June 29, 2007
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi All,

This issue was causing me headaches, but I finally found the solution!
    I was triggered by someone who mentioned the mediainfo.dll file in the Antec VFD software folder. Because I probably have the same VFD (that comes with the Antec Fusion case), this file was also present on my system. It has nothing to do with the mediainfo.dll that MP uses, besides the name. Unfortunately the Antec version is registered as a COM interface in the registry and somehow MP uses this entry to access the mediainfo features.
    Long story short, after I deregistered the mediainfo.dll, MP did not crash anymore!
    I used this command from an elevated command prompt:
    regsvr32 /u "C:\Program Files\Antec\VFD\mediainfo.dll"

If you are still experiencing problems, try to search your registry (HKLM\Software branch) for "mediainfo" entries. Maybe there are more software companies using the mediainfo.dll name for their library... ;)

Good luck!

MusicMan62

Portal Pro
    November 2, 2010
    Frome, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I got excited there for a minute Striper as I have an Antec fusion case with VFD. However I disabled the VFD years ago as it never worked properly and seemed to cause other issues. I have no VFD mediainfo entries in the registry so my problem can't be the same as yours.

MusicMan62

Portal Pro
    November 2, 2010
    Frome, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Just bumping this problem as the crashes are driving me nuts. Any ideas what's going on or how to fix this? Maybe uninstalling then reinstalling MP-TVS? Am tempted with a fresh MP installation but that's pretty effortful. Anyone else suffering these crashes?

Lordwarf

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 6, 2011
    Home Country
    France France
    Re : MP-TVSeries causes MP to crash

I do :-(
    The crash happens almost each time I open TV series right after having stopped watching TV. I tried changing the mediainfo.dll but no luck. I still haven't checked if I have another instance of this dll somewhere (but I do not have any vfd device).

cnk

Portal Member
    March 9, 2011
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Re: Re : MP-TVSeries causes MP to crash

I have the same problem. I've tried to change mediainfo.dll and I have no solution. I've tried to clean MyTvseries databse but again no solution, but I've tried to change the skin to Mediaportal default and I think the problem disappeared.

All you have StreamedMP? Maybe we are in the wrong forum. Could you try to change skin to test if problems disappear?

Thanks and sorry about my horrible english.

cnk

Portal Member
    March 9, 2011
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Re: AW: MP-TVSeries causes MP to crash

:confused: I'll try again with standard skin to test if crash don't appears, but if you have another skin it's more probable that it's a MyTvSeries problem rather than a skin problem

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom