MP-TVSeries v4.3.6 Release [2020-01-24] (3 Viewers)

tony72

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 15, 2009
    Home Country
    England England
    I notice that the "Account ID" I have configured in the tvseries plugin isn't shown anymore in my dashboard on thetvdb.com, there is a "unique user key", which is a different number. Is "unique user key"= "account id"? Should I update?

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I notice that the "Account ID" I have configured in the tvseries plugin isn't shown anymore in my dashboard on thetvdb.com, there is a "unique user key", which is a different number. Is "unique user key"= "account id"? Should I update?
    That's only for user specific data and not required to access the API.

ArnoldGoat

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 27, 2007
    Lyttelton
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Yes, what tony72 said. The account thing doesn't work any more, and V1 has disappeared. I updated using the API key generator but that didn't do anything useful. The URL the plugin produces doesn't work with what THETVDB supports. Please fix this - it's the most useful plugin I have! There is a cryptic remark on THETVDB about V2 in 2015, but V1 looks as if it has been abandoned. (I'm on MP 1.22)

I have just posted this on theTVDB forum "API V2 Broken today"

I am just an end-user of TheTVDB via Mediaportal. It stopped working a few days ago. In configuring MP, you have to add an 'accountid' which you could get after logging on to TheTVDB. That seems to have disappeared. Also the URLs the Mediaportal TVSeries Plugin submits don't work any more:

Can't connect to http://thetvdb.com/api/<apikey>/mirrors.xml: The remote server returned an error: (403) Forbidden.

Where can I point the plugin developer so he can fix this for us?

Last edited:

Edalex

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 3, 2008
    Saratov
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    I think they just moved to new infrastructure so probably some teething issues. As far as im aware, they also migrated v1 API so it should still work. You can always ask on their forums.
    V1 was down down several days ago. I thought it was the end too but it ressurected eventually :)

Отправлено с моего Redmi 3S через Tapatalk

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    the TVDB site also does not work. in 9 cases out of 10 it produces a variety of errors. but the site has a new design. We will wait until the migration to the new design is completed and then the API can work.

--
    WBR, ajs :):whistle::coffee:

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    From TheTVDB Facebook:
    Hi all, wanted to post a quick update here. While we resolved the CDATA problem this morning, we're still working on multiple issues relating to the API, including the most prevalent issue — metadata not pulling into many media centers. Other issues in our API dev queue include fixes for pulling artwork, delivering zip files, and handling languages and 301s. We appreciate your continued patience as we continue to push out solutions to these problems.

--
    WBR, ajs :):whistle::coffee:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom