MP-TVSeries v4.3.6 Release [2020-01-24] (5 Viewers)

Rick164

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    MP2 doesn't really need it as it has a built-in library with providers, still nowhere near the same level as MP-TVseries when it comes to features and functionality though :)

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    still nowhere near the same level as MP-TVseries when it comes to features and functionality though
    This depends on the point of view... E.g. has TVSeries support for unlimited episodes in one file (DVD/BD ISO files as example)? Has TVSeries support for unlimited stacked files for one episode? Has TVSeries support for .nfo files? Has TVSeries support for other online sources than TVDB? Did TVSeries support a centralized database? Did TVSeries read and/or support metatags? You can continue endlessly even without the multiple new features that are mostly ready to use and right now tested internally to be available with next MP2 release.
    And the same you can do the other way round (list features TVSeries has and MP2 hasn't) for sure.. So it would be better (more correct) to say MP2 has a different set of features and functionality rather than to say it has less..

For me, MP2 in meantime has the more useful set of features as I definitely need support for more than two episodes in one file, full TMDB support, full nfo and metatags support and of course the centralized database. The TVSeries feature I'm missing the most up to now is the possibility to display any episodes of a series, no matter if they are locally available or not. But this is (more or less the same way) working in the internal test version of MP2 so even this feature will be supported soon. What I don't need and not even remember how good this was working in TVSeries are Ratings, Genres and such things based on opinions of other people. I prefer to build up my own opinion about a series so I didn't ever used this and for this I can not compare these parts of the function- sets of TVSeries and MP2 as I don't know any of them...
    But I also can understand that other user may have other preferences here. That's why I didn't want to say "this is the better one than that" as it depends too much on personal needs and importance of features to allow such a global statement.

Edit: I'm pretty sure a (more or less) 1 to 1 port of TVSeries to MP2 is not even possible as afaik TVSeries without huge adjustments would break way to much MP2 plugin rules. Adjustments that will make a start from scratch easier a lot than to port the MP1 plugin to MP2.

Last edited:

Rick164

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    And the same you can do the other way round (list features TVSeries has and MP2 hasn't) for sure.. So it would be better (more correct) to say MP2 has a different set of features and functionality rather than to say it has less..

Correct while it has other features which are a welcome improvement it also lacks plenty of the functionality of MP-TVseries that make it so great, these are points in MP2 which I'm sure can or will be addressed once MIA rework is finished or either by skins as the fundamentals in MP2 are there :)
    So I do hope we eventually get some if not all of the functionality of MP-TVSeries as right now it feels incomplete when doing the 1:1 comparison, considering how many years of development went in this plugin it's best to copy features / usability rather then to re-invent them.

But I also can understand that other user may have other preferences here. That's why I didn't want to say "this is the better one than that" as it depends too much on personal needs and importance of features to allow such a global statement.

Agree that it depends on the usage however it's true that it doesn't have all that MP-TVseries has to offer which was what I was pointing out.
    So not so much better or worse just not on the same level.

Last edited:

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    New version released (v4.3.1), nothing major just an update to make compatible with the latest trakt plugin. Especially important if you enable import of community ratings from trakt.tv.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Its in TVSeries configuration (its been there for a few versions), but I only support it, if you have the plugin installed and authorised to use your trakt.tv account (the later is not really required but I have enforced it for some reason).

I also have not figured out why, but the import of ratings is only working if you import from the GUI not the configuration tool (at least not all the time).

commratings.jpg

123vak123

Portal Pro
    December 13, 2010
    Minsk
    Home Country
    Belarus Belarus
    In the new version of the plugin in TVSeries configurator instead parameter "Network" displayed "NetworkID" and it is empty. In MediaPortal all logos of television networks are displayed normally. For some TV-series I myself filled this field. How do I do this now?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom