MP-TVSeries v4.3.6 Release [2020-01-24] (5 Viewers)

barneh

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 4, 2010
    Malmö
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Following the broadcast last night on BBC Four of 3 programs featuring Amy Winehouse I downloaded them all via Online Videos but I can not get them imported into MP-TV Series (4.3.2):(. The vids are from 3 different BBC series, Arena, BBC One Sessions and Classic Albums, I have manually searched on various combinations of names but so far only the Classic Albums series seems to be recognized but the Amy Winehouse episode does not appear to be there. Am I doing something wrong and how can I get these classic videos into MP-TV Series?
    You're problem is simple. There are no series on www.thetvdb.com that has "Amy Winehouse" in the name. So you need to head over to www.thetvdb.com and add you're series yourself!

fredco

Portal Pro
    November 13, 2010
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    There are no changes in 1.17 that should break anything to do with the import... But was it here the change from .NET 3.5 to 4 went down?
    If so, could that be the issue?

Changelog for 1.17: MediaPortal 1.17.0 Release - MEDIAPORTAL

You may be right. OFFICIALLY there may be no changes that affect the import behaviour. But sometimes small other changes may have inadverted side effects that do things nobody thinks about or wants. But you may have something with the .net environment. I did not know that from 1.16 to 1.17 MP changed from 3.5 to 4.0. That might just be it! That is almost too much of a coincidence! I still use a lot of systems with Windows 7 which has built-in support for .net 3.5. But I also had the issue with Windows 10. It still strikes me as odd that no one else is reporting about this. It should be mainstream...

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Something is weird still with Fanart.

The show The First (2018) has a couple of fanart images to choose from at The First @ TheTVDB yet there's only one available in MP TV-Series when I enter Fanart.

Emph

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    You're problem is simple. There are no series on www.thetvdb.com that has "Amy Winehouse" in the name. So you need to head over to www.thetvdb.com and add you're series yourself!
    Well I did that and using the search option on the website I was able to find all 3 series and the Amy Winehouse episodes which were not found by MP-TV Series!
    I then used a manual custom search in MP-TV Series to correctly import the episodes.:)
    For the benefit of anyone else:- the BBC Arena Series is listed under "Arena (1975)" with the series IDs corresponding to the broadcast year e.g. 2011, BBC One Sessions are listed under "BBC Sessions at St Lukes Chapel" and the Amy Winehouse episode that was missing from the series "Classic Albums" seems to have been very recently added in Series 11 (Sept. 2018.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Something is weird still with Fanart.

The show The First (2018) has a couple of fanart images to choose from at The First @ TheTVDB yet there's only one available in MP TV-Series when I enter Fanart.
    Keep an eye on it and reply back by the weekend if it has resolved itself or not, could be an API caching issue. If it hasn't resolved itself I will investigate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom