MP-TvViewer 0.3 - Watch TV on your desktop (2010-01-30) (3 Viewers)

Lolento

Portal Pro
September 9, 2006
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Re: AW: Re: AW: MP-TvViewer - Watch TV on your desktop

Me and 3 other already develop an Windows 7 MC PlugIn... :)

Really?! I can't believe I haven't seen it before....please point me to it.

hi lolento

the mce client is hostet on codeplex
and it is an sub project of hometvserver

at moment is there no offical test version
we want kill some bugs and add some features before we made test beta test

why i have said the hosting place is so you can see the status over sourcecontrol
if you want help us with coding can i add you as dev

@debagger can i have the source of your client ?

regards kay

I can't code for craps but you guys should start a new thread about this thing you're working on.

I'm sure there will be others on this forum who will gladly join your project...

This MC plugin for tv-server you're working on is really a great idea. I enjoy Win7 MC's interface a lot better than MP and it handles pictures and music files much better IMHO

DieBagger

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 11, 2007
    Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Re: MP-TvViewer 0.2 - Watch TV on your desktop

Hi guys,

just uploaded the first "real" version (0.2) of MP-TvClient, see first post for details.

DieBagger

KayDiefenthal

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 18, 2006
    Germany - Bonn
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Re: MP-TvViewer 0.2 - Watch TV on your desktop

Hi guys,

just uploaded the first "real" version (0.2) of MP-TvClient, see first post for details.

DieBagger

ahh ok you use external player
    and no directshowgraph

im make this with directshow add the sourcefilter give him the url and let him auto connect filters for rendering
    an sample can you see here
    Active Tv Server Stream Client - Windows Live

regards kay

DieBagger

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 11, 2007
    Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Re: AW: Re: MP-TvViewer 0.2 - Watch TV on your desktop

and no directshowgraph

im make this with directshow add the sourcefilter give him the url and let him auto connect filters for rendering

regards kay

Hi,

cool link, I'll have a look at it. Are there any advantages of using directshow?

The main problem I have with using vlc (altough I'm not using the latest version) is that seeking within a rtsp stream doesn't work very good (actually it's working really bad :D).

What's nice about using vlc is that it plays rtsp streams and things like deinterlacing work out of the box (if you know how to activate it).

DieBagger

KayDiefenthal

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 18, 2006
    Germany - Bonn
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Re: AW: Re: MP-TvViewer 0.2 - Watch TV on your desktop

and no directshowgraph

regards kay

Hi,

cool link, I'll have a look at it. Are there any advantages of using directshow?

The main problem I have with using vlc (altough I'm not using the latest version) is that seeking within a rtsp stream doesn't work very good (actually it's working really bad :D).

What's nice about using vlc is that it plays rtsp streams and things like deinterlacing work out of the box (if you know how to activate it).

DieBagger

ds in c# is not easy but my client is no magic

quartztypelib is an os dll wmp use ist to
    and the only trick

i like app with internal player function
    i find it easier to support

CHli

Portal Pro
    July 5, 2005
    Switzerland
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland

Here is a first patch for an uncaught exception. I get that exception on the StopTimeShifting remote call. It probably hasn't got anything to do with your implementation but I prefer to see an error message box than an "uncaught exception" at the moment :)

Attachments

• MainForm.patch
      30.6 KB

CHli

Portal Pro
    July 5, 2005
    Switzerland
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland

I would like to thank you for the amazing work you have done on giving us that lightweight client.

I still have a problem (tried some stuff but didn't work so far). It concerns the IQ that is not very good at the moment with MP-TvViewer (at least compared to what I get with VLC) see :

Mp-TvViewer :
    mp-tvviewer.jpg

VLC
    vlc.jpg

It must have to do with overlays / directx / hardware vs software resize, I don't know yet :)

Let me know if you find something.

I'm running Windows 7 x64.

DieBagger

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 11, 2007
    Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria

Hey CHli,

thx for the feedback, I'll have a look at your patch asap. The exception handling isn't very good atm, I was focusing more on getting all the features done the way I want them to work, now I'm doing the finetuning (exception handling, performance,...).

Regarding the image quality differences: Have you tried the different deinterlacing options? My player uses the VLC engine (although not yet 1.0) so there shouldn't be much difference. I'll try to update the vlc engine to the latest version with the next release.

How is the program working for you in general?

DieBagger

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 11, 2007
    Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria

Hi,

to be honest I haven't used the mp tv client in a while (it didn't work for me well back when I tried it) so I can't tell you the exact differences.

From what I can remember here is why I wrote this program:
    • While the old tv client starts a new vlc instance for every channel I wanted one viewer where I could changes channels from within the ui
    • I wanted the option to have the minimalistic view without title menu (like media player classic)
    • I wanted "on top while playing"
    • My program uses only webservice to communicate with server so you don't need to setup a database connection

I'm a little stuck right now trying to get seeking to work (a little bitchy with rtsp streams) but it is coming along nicely. If anyone has any improvement suggestions you can add an issue on the google code project page...

DieBagger

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom