MP-TvViewer 0.3 - Watch TV on your desktop (2010-01-30) (1 Viewer)

lemonhead

Portal Member
August 17, 2006
Täby
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Re: MP-TvViewer 0.2 - Watch TV on your desktop

Great! Good points. I will defenitly try it out!

DieBagger

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 11, 2007
    Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    New Version (0.3)

Hey guys,

just uploaded a new version (0.3) to the google code pages, MediaPortal section should be updated soon.

There have been a lot of improvements, but the main enhancement (imo) is that it is now possible to seek within the timeshift buffer. This has been quite tricky to implement because the combination of vlc vs. mediaportal tv-server has a few shortcomings when it comes to RTSP seeking. It works quite well for me but any feedback is much appreciated.

Other highlights of this release:
    • new logo (thx joostzilla for your redesigned mp logo)
    • you can use an existing vlc installation (core installer)
    • Updated to vlc 1.0 and new library
    • Contextmenu (change channels, pause/resume/stop in min mode)
    • Volume slider.

I still have a problem (tried some stuff but didn't work so far). It concerns the IQ that is not very good at the moment with MP-TvViewer (at least compared to what I get with VLC) see :

It must have to do with overlays / directx / hardware vs software resize, I don't know yet :)

Let me know if you find something.

I'm running Windows 7 x64.
    I changed the vlc binaries to 1.0 version, do you have a better image quality now? If not, can you please post your vlc settings?

thx

tomcat123

Portal Pro
    July 12, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    EDIT: Iam so stupid, Firewall blocks.
    EIT2: Thanks for your Programm, works fine.

Hi.

Thanks for the nice Prog. Dont work for me, i am to silly.

I installed the WebService and MP-TVviewer on my Notebook. I made no changes in WEbServices-Plugin.

I get the Message"Couldn`t connect to Webservice".

Is Server-URL the IP from the PC where TV Server runs? What needs to come into this field?

Thanks in advance.

tomcat123

Portal Pro
    July 12, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    EDIT: Iam so stupid, Firewall blocks. But the bouquets are not correct?!
    What is not correct?

Is Server-URL the IP from the PC where TV Server runs? What needs to come into this field?
    You can either input the ip or the host-name (e.g. tv-server)

Hi.

Now it works perfecly. Thanks.
    When I made not a Hook on "Show "All Channels" Grooup" and not select a defauld Group, the bouquets are "durcheinander", it means the Channels are not in the right bouquet. When I made a Hook everything is OK.

Rara Avis

Portal Pro
    April 9, 2009
    Thanks for You brilliant work!

A musthave for my wife - small player in the corner of the screen while she's working...
    And WebServices plugin I got to know installing MP-TvViewer is also usefull and interesting.

Kudos!

CHli

Portal Pro
    July 5, 2005
    Switzerland
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    Re: New Version (0.3)

DieBagger said:
    I changed the vlc binaries to 1.0 version, do you have a better image quality now? If not, can you please post your vlc settings?

Hi,

I just saw that you published a new version, I will try tonight ! Thanks

AberDino

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 17, 2005
    Kincardineshire
    Home Country
    Scotland Scotland
    Installed the latest webservices plugin (RC3) on my tv server, enabled it, default config, and restarted the tv server. I then installed MP-TvViewer 0.3 on my laptop and pointed it to my tv server. So far so good, it all worked straight away. However, I then started experimenting with the deinterlacing setting, and when I changed that setting it restarted the MP-TvViewer, most likely without a proper 'stop' of the stream. So, each time it does that it leaves behind the old stream, and I now have two of my tv cards in use timeshifting even though I've shut down my laptop a couple of hours ago. I thought I could kill those streams through the tv server 'streaming server' section, but these streams are not visible there, perhaps because they are 'local'? It seems that my last option to free up those cards is to restart the tv server, which I can't do at the moment because it's in use.

DieBagger

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 11, 2007
    Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Installed the latest webservices plugin (RC3) on my tv server, enabled it, default config, and restarted the tv server. I then installed MP-TvViewer 0.3 on my laptop and pointed it to my tv server. So far so good, it all worked straight away. However, I then started experimenting with the deinterlacing setting, and when I changed that setting it restarted the MP-TvViewer, most likely without a proper 'stop' of the stream. So, each time it does that it leaves behind the old stream, and I now have two of my tv cards in use timeshifting even though I've shut down my laptop a couple of hours ago. I thought I could kill those streams through the tv server 'streaming server' section, but these streams are not visible there, perhaps because they are 'local'? It seems that my last option to free up those cards is to restart the tv server, which I can't do at the moment because it's in use.

Hi,

I'll have a look at it, normally the timeshifting should be stopped when the program exits. In the meantime, you can always stop timeshifts from within mp-tvviewer. Go to tools->server status, right click on the timeshift -> stop.

edit: also you can stop the timeshifts in the tv-server config in the "manual control" section.

CHli

Portal Pro
    July 5, 2005
    Switzerland
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    Picture quality is now great. Nice ! Thanks

The last missing feature for me is the possibility to change the audio channel :) But thanks for the work done so far, it's amazing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom