MP-TvViewer 0.3 - Watch TV on your desktop (2010-01-30) (1 Viewer)

karatekickz

April 2, 2010
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Re: AW: MP-TvViewer - Watch TV on your desktop

Me and 3 other already develop an Windows 7 MC PlugIn... :)

I took a look at your project page and was hoping you could clarify a couple things for me. Are you basically writing something that will allow Win 7 MC to see the Mediaportal TV server as virtual tuners? It appears to be similar to DVBLink http://www.dvblogic.com/products.php but for the MPTVserver.

If so, this would be amazing as I dream of being able to have multiple clients (Win7MC,the streamlined app on this thread,XBMC w PVR) able to view/timeshift live tv at the same time.

I think it would be great if you started your own thread for your project as I think alot of people would enjoy this feature. Thanks everyone for all their hard work.

karatekickz

Mike Lowrey

Portal Pro
February 4, 2009
Berlin
Home Country
Germany Germany
AW: MP-TvViewer 0.3 - Watch TV on your desktop (2010-01-30)

In the first step the software will add support for watching the Media Portal TV Server Stream and view EPG like you can do with the Media Center TV Engine.
In next steps we plan to implement most features provided by the TV Server, like recording etc..

We will not implement virtual tuners because then the server/client infrastructure is nearly senseless(for each recording server and client have to run). ( All developers have their own Windows Home Server)

bozzo70

Portal Pro
November 19, 2006
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Hi..

Thanks for a great plugin...
Do have a problem , installed Webservice in HTPC , did a restart .
Search for HTPC everything good so far, find channels, but when I try
to open one it says " Couldn't start timeshift"

Have MP RC1 and TTS2-3200 card installed in htpc.

Any ideas what the problem could be ?

DieBagger

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 11, 2007
    Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Hi, sry for the late reply...

Have you already fixed your problem? If not, can you check if you have the rtsp port opened in you firewall (554 iirc).

:sorry:

msj33

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2005
    Home Country
    England England
    Hi Diebagger.

This front-end application for Tv-server is just working awsome.

Will it ONLY work with Gemx's mpwebservices? Or can it be used with other TV-server Webservices like MP-web-interface by Big_kev
    Homepage: mp-web-interface - Project Hosting on Google Code
    Thread: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/tv-server-plugins-294/self-contained-web-server-interface-27320/

The reason I am asking, is that mpwebservices is no longer stabil - I know Gemx is working on a new version, and I can also see that you and some others are also trying to get a consolidate all the webservices.

What is your suggestions on Live streaming from Tv-server?

/Morten

DieBagger

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 11, 2007
    Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Hi Diebagger.

This front-end application for Tv-server is just working awsome.

Will it ONLY work with Gemx's mpwebservices? Or can it be used with other TV-server Webservices like MP-web-interface by Big_kev
    Homepage: mp-web-interface - Project Hosting on Google Code
    Thread: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/tv-server-plugins-294/self-contained-web-server-interface-27320/

The reason I am asking, is that mpwebservices is no longer stabil - I know Gemx is working on a new version, and I can also see that you and some others are also trying to get a consolidate all the webservices.

What is your suggestions on Live streaming from Tv-server?

/Morten

My suggestion would be to wait a few months... ;)

I'm not planning to support any other webservers. The reason for that is that the webservices are designed to allow apps like my mp-tvviewer to access the functionality while the above mentioned project is mainly a website. Also afaik it is no longer maintained for a while now.

I'm planning to continue development on this project once I have finished my thesis though and as you said there will be some progress with the webservice project in the near future.

msj33

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2005
    Home Country
    England England
    Thanks:) I will wait for a new release sometime in the future:)

Hopyfully this will have the same nice features as Tv-viewer (Resize, Always on top, Thin windows frame, channel switching)

Thanks.-)

/Morrten

Tele

Portal Member
    November 24, 2006
    Hi,

great app! I'd like to use it to do PiP on my htpc. Therefore I have a few enhancement suggestions:
    1) a hot key switching between windowed and full screen mode as well as two volume presets
    2) channel switching by number keys in minimalistic mode (to allow to change focus and use the remote as in MP)
    3) saving the last used settings

Furthermore it takes quite a long time to build the channel listing and finally start timeshifting, even on the same computer.

Thank's a lot! And keep up the good work!

CodeMonkey

Portal Pro
    December 8, 2004
    North America
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Nice little client!

There is a problem with the source though, it won't build the TvViewerSetupCore project because it is referencing some gfx (icons etc) files located in your local c:\media directory :)

I have some code change suggestions as well. I was trying to run it at work with no MP installed anywhere so these are almost all error handling changes.

In ServerStatusForm.Designer.cs

Code:
    this.timerRefreshStatus.Interval = 1000;

to:
    Code:
    this.timerRefreshStatus.Interval = 10000;

The 1 second refresh is a little harsh on the system if you are supposed to be a lightweight client :)

In ServerStatusForm.cs timerRefreshStatus_Tick():
    Change the exception handling to:
    Code:
            timerRefreshStatus.Stop();
            MessageBox.Show("Error retrieving server states, maybe connection down. Exception: " + ex.Message);

No point keeping the timer going (particularly at once a second like it was :) ) if there is no web service to talk to, is there?

In SchedulesForm.cs constructor:
    add a try/catch:

Code:
        public SchedulesForm(ServiceInterface _server)
        {
          InitializeComponent();
          m_server = _server;
          try
          {
              WebSchedule[] schedules = m_server.GetAllSchedules();
              FillScheduleListView(schedules);
          }
          catch (Exception ex)
          {
              MessageBox.Show("Error retrieving schedules, maybe connection down. Exception: " + ex.Message);
          }
        }

in MainForm.cs
    Add some error handling in ShowTvGuide()
    Code:
        private void ShowTvGuide()
        {
          int index = m_showAllGroup ? cbGroups.SelectedIndex : cbGroups.SelectedIndex + 1;
          if (m_groups != null)
          {
              WebChannelGroup selectedChannel = m_groups[index];
              EpgForm frmEpg = new EpgForm(m_server, selectedChannel);
              frmEpg.Show();
          }
          else
          {
              MessageBox.Show("Error attempting to show EPG.  Check your configuration.");
          }
        }

That's it, nice little client from the looks of it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom