MP & XBMC intergration scripts v0.6d Update 4-MAR-07 (1 Viewer)

thechad

Portal Pro
February 5, 2005
Geelong, Australia
Home Country
XBMC Server updated 0.2 Beta

Hi all,

I have updted the link in the original post with a new release. This version is now completely free of the MP web interface and is run via an MP plugin acting as a socket server. This is rougly 10 times faster than the web interface was and seems to take a lot less resources on my machine to use.

Please test and post bugs in this topic or email me if you like. My email is in the readme file should any one have any questions or want to help out.

It is far more stable than the original release and should be a lot harder to lock the xbox up now.

If there is enough interest in this I will spend more time on it and try and get it merged into the project.

All source is available in the download.
http://home.iprimus.com.au/miarose/mp_xbmc.zip

Enjoy

Chad

patpotlood

Portal Member
September 27, 2004
this can be great

but i tried it and can't get it to work

in my case the my video folder is d:\Video, so i think thats ok

but i do not know how to handle this entry in the settingscript

# Use the format smb://USER:pASSWORD@SERVERNAME/SHARE/
REMOTEVIDEOPATH = "smb://media:media@htpc/video/"

what to fill in?
my media portal pc doesn't have a server, nor do i need to login on that machine, so there is no user and password to set

can you help me with this?

this script is somethiong i been looking for since a long time

TIA

Patpotlood

thechad

Portal Pro
February 5, 2005
Geelong, Australia
Home Country
Yes Zby is right.

Sorry the directions are a bit lax.

You need to share out your recorded TV folder so that it is accessible over the network. This is the same line you would need to create in your XboxMediaCenter.xml file if you were to have the share available in your My Videos section of XBMC.

If you are still having trouble let me know and I will write some doco on how to set it up in more detail.

pinny121

Portal Member
June 7, 2005
Very interested

I am verry interested in this and will give it some testing

i hope you are able to take it further and be able to watch live tv in the future on xbmc. I love MP & xbmc great apps i wish i had more time to help in the development.

SiLenTYL

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 23, 2004
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    thechad said:
    You need to share out your recorded TV folder so that it is accessible over the network.

r u saying that XBMC can playback dvr-ms files? coz thats what im recording in in MP

mvoosten

Portal Member
    July 23, 2005
    Gave it a try.. However xbmc and mp do not seem to communicate properly. Set IP adress in the pref file, but no luck.
    Found in MP that it also is using an IP set by default to 127.0.0.1 Is this supposed to change as well? (no mentioning in the readme).
    Is there a way to debug anything if stuff is failing? As for now I'm in the dark where it goes wrong.

thechad

Portal Pro
    February 5, 2005
    Geelong, Australia
    Home Country
    The MP setup defaults to 127.0.0.1 becasue this is the local loopback address that all machines have. You will need to change the IP in the MP plugin setup (my bad missed this in readme) to the IP address of your machines network card. eg 192.168.0.1.

SiLenTYL
    XBMC does not support DVR-MS yet, however you can watch any programs that have been compressed using the MP compression in recorded TV as this just updates the TV database entry to the compressed file. I compress to MPEG2 which basically just strips the DVR-MS container from the file by my knowledge.

mvoosten

Portal Member
    July 23, 2005
    Thanks theChad,

Retried it with adjusting the plugin setting, and sorry to report: still no luck.

Overview of configuration:
    MP version 0.1.3
    XBMC End july build

MP on 192.168.1.100
    XBMC on 192.168.1.101

MP is active, starting XBMC and running the script. The script runs and the grabbing message flashes by for a second and then well, the menu's show but with no content in it.

thechad

Portal Pro
    February 5, 2005
    Geelong, Australia
    Home Country
    Hi mvoosten,

You can have a look in the MediaPortal log which will say if the XBMCServer pluygin recieved a connection and request.

Also in XBMC, after running a script in the scripts section you can hit the White button on the controller to see the scripts output. This will show any connection errors.

Please post any relevant parts of your log and script output and also check that no firewalls are blocking the connection to your MP machine on port 13000,

cheers

Chad

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom