MP & XBMC intergration scripts v0.6d Update 4-MAR-07 (1 Viewer)

BKCH

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2005
    Sydney
    Home Country
    wow!!! This is exactly what I have been looking for :)

I'll be trying this out - will post with any probs etc.

A question - is live TV streaming a future option or is this too tough??

mvoosten

Portal Member
    July 23, 2005
    Thanks for the prompt feedback!!

Here is what the mediaportal.log file says (only relevant bits):
    16-8-2005 17:37:07 PlugInManager.Load()
    16-8-2005 17:37:07 Load plugins from :plugins\process\ProcessPlugins.dll
    16-8-2005 17:37:07 Load plugins from :plugins\process\XBMCServer.dll
    16-8-2005 17:37:07 PlugInManager.Start()
    16-8-2005 17:37:07 XBMCServer Starting
    16-8-2005 17:37:07 open folderdatabase
    16-8-2005 17:37:07 XBMCServer binding to adress: 192.168.1.100 on port 13000
    16-8-2005 17:37:07 XBMCServer: Waiting for a connection...
    16-8-2005 17:41:51 XBMCServer: Connected!
    16-8-2005 17:41:51 XBMCServer: Received: <mediaportal><mode>recorded</mode><action>get</action></mediaportal>
    16-8-2005 17:41:51 XBMCServer: GetRecordedTV()
    16-8-2005 17:42:03 XBMCServer: Connected!
    16-8-2005 17:42:03 XBMCServer: Received: <mediaportal><mode>groups</mode><action>get</action></mediaportal>
    16-8-2005 17:42:03 XBMCServer: GetChannelGroups()
    16-8-2005 17:42:23 XBMCServer: Connected!
    16-8-2005 17:42:23 XBMCServer: Received: <mediaportal><mode>recorded</mode><action>get</action></mediaportal>
    16-8-2005 17:42:23 XBMCServer: GetRecordedTV()
    16-8-2005 17:42:31 XBMCServer: Connected!
    16-8-2005 17:42:31 XBMCServer: Received: <mediaportal><mode>recorded</mode><action>get</action></mediaportal>
    16-8-2005 17:42:31 XBMCServer: GetRecordedTV()
    16-8-2005 17:42:32 XBMCServer: Connected!
    16-8-2005 17:42:32 XBMCServer: Received: <mediaportal><mode>groups</mode><action>get</action></mediaportal>
    16-8-2005 17:42:32 XBMCServer: GetChannelGroups()
    16-8-2005 17:42:38 XBMCServer: Connected!

Opened port 13000 on firewall, already had that set so shouldn't be an issue.

Settings in the mpsettings.py file:
    # The IP address of your MP machine. DNS name will NOT work.
    IP = "192.168.1.100"
    PORT = 13000

# The local file location of your TV recordings on the MP machine.
    # Please use double slashes and terminate the path with double slashes
    LOCALVIDEOPATH = "H:\\tv\\"

# XBMC path to replace local path in the MP database with so that XBMC can access recorded TV on
    # MP machine, this requires you to share out the recordings folder on the MP server
    # Use the format smb://USER:pASSWORD@SERVERNAME/SHARE/
    REMOTEVIDEOPATH = "smb://mikescompu/tv/"

######################################################
    ## Shouldn't need to change anyhting past here ##
    ######################################################

qualities = ["Not Set", "Portable", "Low", "Medium", "High"]

types = ["Record once", "Record everytime on this channel", "Record everytime on every channel", "Record every day at this time", "Record every week at this time", "Record Monday to Friday"]

Tried the white button, only thing that shows in XBMC is no timeout.. that's it.

thechad said:
    Hi mvoosten,

You can have a look in the MediaPortal log which will say if the XBMCServer pluygin recieved a connection and request.

Also in XBMC, after running a script in the scripts section you can hit the White button on the controller to see the scripts output. This will show any connection errors.

Please post any relevant parts of your log and script output and also check that no firewalls are blocking the connection to your MP machine on port 13000,

cheers

Chad

mvoosten

Portal Member
    July 23, 2005
    Yeah!! Got it working... and with it, reporting your first bug with this setup:
    It ONLY works if you have setup a TV Group.. The default for all groups/channels simply does not work.

- The what's playing now only is showing a search EPG.. nothing seems to come back.

- Suggestion: On the EPG List per channel, could you filter out the ones that already have passed. Current overview a bit messy with the old ones still in there.

- Seems to almost always crash the xbox when exiting the script. Might have to do with the hanging EPG search window.. Haven't tested it witout getting into it yet.

- Please use the Project Mayem III Skin items for the XBMC script..

Else, pretty good job! Keep it going!!

patpotlood

Portal Member
    September 27, 2004
    ok, just got it working to the same point as mvoosten

only, i have 4 tvgroups
    the default, plus 3 i created myself

now when i enter the epg on the xbox, i see 2 of them filled, an the other 2 are empty

searchfunction crashed xbmc, i tried this 5 times.

and exiting crashed it too.

i really hope you get it fixed, it will be very usefull

thnx

thechad

Portal Pro
    February 5, 2005
    Geelong, Australia
    Home Country
    Thanks for the feed back.

I am not quite sure why the search is crashing and the only thing I can think of is the version of XBMC you have, I did have some trouble with releases prior to June and the search broke this because it uses two lines per list button.

Can you let me know which versions you are running and I will test.
    Also if you like you can send me your TVDatabase from MediaPortal and I can test it on my machine and see if I have the smae problems. Send to 'chadcampling at hotmail dot com'

Also is it just EPG searching that you are having trouble with, does manual schedules and editing of schedules work?

Thanks once again

Chad

patpotlood

Portal Member
    September 27, 2004
    i use mediaportal 103 and cvs from yesterday

xbmcversion is from 10 aug

i didn't have time yet to do some more tests

and now i am recording some shows

i keep u informed

BKCH

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2005
    Sydney
    Home Country
    So I see in the readme that playing live tv is on the roadmap once MP supports TV Streaming - does anyone know where on the roadmap this is???

This is probably the biggest limitation I can see with MP - it's the only thing I can see that MCE, BeyondTV and MythTV (and soon Sage too I guess) have over MP... :(

I love MP in general but this one feature is enough to make me move back to Myth... (or one of the others when they get around to DVB-T support / multi-tuner)

thechad

Portal Pro
    February 5, 2005
    Geelong, Australia
    Home Country
    BKCH

Apparently the new TV engine that is in development at the moment with use Transport Stream and encode to MPEG instead of DVR-MS. This is the first step to network streaming of TV in my opinion and I think it will be a fair while before we see it in action. we can only wait.

BKCH

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2005
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Hey thechad - thanks for the responce - I guess I suspected that it would be a ways off - I can only say I am totally bummed :)

It's amazing that there are a number of media centre applications out there but every one of them has 1 feature I consider critical missing!!! (the only feature missing on MythTV is windows ;) I guess I might have to give it another crack...)

Ugg!!!

mvoosten

Portal Member
    July 23, 2005
    My XBMC version is a July 31 compiled one from the usual place.
    Some further testing:
    - Manual scheduling : Works
    - Edit schedule : Works
    - What's on now: Hangs
    - Search EPG: Hangs

Send you my tvdatabase.
    NB. Could you make the path to the media relative please in the pyton script!? Now you have to put it in the root of the script directory making it kind of messy with a lot of scripts and hard to find. Also, suggest making the mediaportal script in the root of the folder and all supporting ones in a seperate directory. This way making it more user friendly to start the script and keep things tight and clean.

thechad said:
    Thanks for the feed back.

I am not quite sure why the search is crashing and the only thing I can think of is the version of XBMC you have, I did have some trouble with releases prior to June and the search broke this because it uses two lines per list button.

Can you let me know which versions you are running and I will test.
    Also if you like you can send me your TVDatabase from MediaPortal and I can test it on my machine and see if I have the smae problems. Send to 'chadcampling at hotmail dot com'

Also is it just EPG searching that you are having trouble with, does manual schedules and editing of schedules work?

Thanks once again

Chad

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom