MP & XBMC intergration scripts v0.6d Update 4-MAR-07 (2 Viewers)

thechad

Portal Pro
February 5, 2005
Geelong, Australia
Home Country
Updated 4-MAR-07 for MP 0.2.2.0 support. Please see end of thread for details

I have developed some python scripts that run on XBMC and will provide:
- Play TV recordings from TV database providing they are not in DVR-MS format.
- Schedule Manual Recordings.
- Browse EPG.
- Search EPG.
- What's On Now?
- What's On at Time (24 Hour format).
- Text Search of Title and Description.
- Schedule Recordings from EPG.
- Edit recording schedules.
- Start MediaPortal for scheduling of recordings.

If anyone is interested in testing this please download the scripts and MP plugin from
http://home.primusonline.com.au/campling/

Also if anyone has suggestions or would like to make some changes please PM me or email with address in readme.

Please read the readme before installing .

C

calculoss

XBMC Scripts excellent

I have been waiting sometime for a way to access media portal from my xbox, thanks for your efforts

I have set your script up as detailed in your readme but when I run mediaportal.py I have the following problem

a blue media portal type screen loads up and thats it, I can click on the buttons such as tv guide but it just freezes with a message saying grabbing channels.

I downloaded a newer version of xbmc yesterday which was labelled Xbox_Media_Center-07-03-05-RS, although I am not sure how to check the actual xbmc version

Ant ideas???

thechad

Portal Pro
February 5, 2005
Geelong, Australia
Home Country
Calc:
I tend to download my XBMC builds from Emule and look for ones that I can make sure are correctly dated. eg YYYY-MM-DD otherwise you don't know if it is a USA date or a European date.

Your build may be either the 7th of march or the 3rd of July. If it is a July build it will work if it is the other it will not.

You can test the scripts using the XBMC python emulation scripts on your PC which may point to some of the issues your having however the XBMC build is most likely the issue.

I realy need to add better exception handling but I am not a very experienced programmer and am learning as I go.

An update on progress:
I am currently working on an actual MediaPortal plugin using sockets so that the Web Interface will no longer be required. This has the basics of the plugin implemented but I have not updated the Python scripts yet.

C

calculoss

Tried later XBMC still wont work

I tried again without success,
I really want to get this working, when I run the script I get a blue screen with the buttons on the left, but when I choose a button everything just freezes,

help

thechad

Portal Pro
February 5, 2005
Geelong, Australia
Home Country
UPDATE:

I am currently re-writing the server side of the plugin in C# so it is a true plugin for MP and not reliant on the WebInterface. This is now around 80% complete plus I have also added a lot more exception handling so the Xbox should not freeze up as often and at least you will get an error message. I hope to have some more code for testing out in the next 2 weeks as the current version is broken in MP 0.1.3.0 as the webinterface is broken.

Any ways here are some screen shots:
011.jpg

The main screen where recorded TV can be played.

016.jpg

Channel group and channel selection screen

013.jpg

Recording Type selection screen on manual recording

014.jpg

Add a manual recording

017.jpg

Browsing the epg for a slected channel and day

Cheers

Chad

C

calculoss

Cant Wait

I think that this facility is long overdue, keep up the good work and keep everyone posted on your progress.

Gamester17

Portal Pro
May 12, 2004
Sweden
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Hello thechad, great to hear that you are working on a python script to control MediaPortal from XboxMediaCenter, I just like to suggest that you post in the official XBMC-forums to get more people involved in your script (with both python-script users and python developers for XBMC 'hanging out' there), I think your script will get much more deserved attention if you post in our python developers forum as well as here in the MediaPortal forums, (I think you find more users there that both use MediaPortal and XBMC than in MediaPortal's forums alone):

:arrow: http://www.xboxmediaplayer.de/cgi-bin/forums/ikonboard.pl?act=SF;f=21 :wink:

mvoosten

Portal Member
July 23, 2005
He Gamester17,

Yes, indeed... that's why I posted this message on the xbmc forum 2 weeks ago:
http://www.xboxmediaplayer.de/cgi-b...cb0e7d24559f69d72e7bf10ff;act=ST;f=21;t=13958

Cheers,

M

Gamester17 said:
Hello thechad, great to hear that you are working on a python script to control MediaPortal from XboxMediaCenter, I just like to suggest that you post in the official XBMC-forums to get more people involved in your script (with both python-script users and python developers for XBMC 'hanging out' there), I think your script will get much more deserved attention if you post in our python developers forum as well as here in the MediaPortal forums, (I think you find more users there that both use MediaPortal and XBMC than in MediaPortal's forums alone):

:arrow: http://www.xboxmediaplayer.de/cgi-bin/forums/ikonboard.pl?act=SF;f=21 :wink:

pinny121

Portal Member
June 7, 2005
how is this plug in going sounds like a great idea

Even to just shedual records and watch them at your leasure whould mean no vhs in living room for me just xbox.

wirless connection to main pc in other room

any updates ???

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom