MP1.18 has crashed sometime after TV and AVR is turned off (1 Viewer)

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    @Dr Morris i'm trying to code something about the audio removal, based on another user log, the remove didn't lead to a crash on resume but i'm trying to added back the audio when a removal was done before.

So in your case, we need to be sure that the crash didn't happen on C++ side (access violation) So when ready, it could be nice if your can try an installer :)

Dr Morris

Portal Member
    September 25, 2012
    Dorset
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi Sebastiii and apologies for not getting back to you sooner. i used your installer the day you supplied and things have been great ever since. Do you need me to avoid or load the new pre-release / is there anything else you need for me to do.

Regards

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi @Dr Morris :p
    If you can update against latest madVR build (even if EVR is used) because it will be part of next 1.19 Final so like this we can confirm all is good :p
    Thanks.

Link : [WiP] - madVR support in MP1 (V448 installer) if the update ask for fresh install read carefully the first post, i have explain what to do to proceed to the upgrade :p

Dr Morris

Portal Member
    September 25, 2012
    Dorset
    Home Country
    Hi Sebastiii

Regrets but son#1 did the upgrade of 18 final to 19 pre-release while I was not looking :oops: (the install gave an invalid file handle error on installer btw) and so it was run twice. In the 19 pre-release version the behaviour when removing the video renderer and then turning back on was to show the TV guide and stop playback - different behaviour to 18 Final

I am installing the 1.18.100 build over the top (manual upgrade using packages ;)) and will let you know results shortly

Dr Morris

Portal Member
    September 25, 2012
    Dorset
    Home Country
    The MEPO Installer gives the "invalid file handler" error all the time (picture attached) but completes after acknowledgement. TV Package installer is good. ignoring that for the time being ;-) When running after the 1.18.100 installers are complete there is no crash or hang when turning physical TV off and on, but MEPO either goes back to the TV Guide or the TV menu with TV "turned off" when it is switched back on. Have run in debug and attaching logs.

Attachments

• installer error.PNG
      installer error.PNG
      35.6 KB
    • MediaPortalLogs_20_01_18__19_47.zip
      234.1 KB

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Thanks the "invalid...." is a common error but no harm :p (it's when installer wasn't able to copy font to already installed one)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom