MP1-4069-Migrate_to_NET4 (1 Viewer)

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    All seems to work except the same error (see in TVE3.5 build).
    NET4 and later doesn't use 'microsoft.directx.directinput.dll' and switch on XNA.

So we have 2 solutions :
    - Find a dev to rework the code to use Joystick / Gamepad.
    - Remove that part. (that not nice)

I think that part of code is used for Game and maybe with plugins (Game emulator) but i'm not sure.

If this is only used by a plugin, then I guess it is up to the plugin to sort this.

If it is used anywhere in MP core, then it is our problem.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    NET4 and later doesn't use 'microsoft.directx.directinput.dll' and switch on XNA.

So we have 2 solutions :

I think that part of code is used for Game and maybe with plugins (Game emulator) but i'm not sure.

If this is only used by a plugin, then I guess it is up to the plugin to sort this.

Method are public (so if i'm not wrong, it's in core and plugin use it).
    Now it's for XP and to update to new OS that need to be changed (i have try with no luck).

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country

So we have 2 solutions :

Method are public (so if i'm not wrong, it's in core and plugin use it).
    Now it's for XP and to update to new OS that need to be changed (i have try with no luck).

So this would only be used on XP ?

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    I think yes.

Then in that case there is no harm in getting rid of it. After all, XP support has ended, and in this case, only a small number of users will be needing this.

Is there a .NET 4 distribution for XP ? Or will including this give us a distribution that will not even run on XP ?

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi,

I have try it but still no joy, it failed when closing MP :(

robyf

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 20, 2005
    Bolzano
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    I don't know if you are aware of this but with latest master there is a problem loading plugins that have been downloaded from a web site, for instance, and not installed through the installer. This happens if the file is considered "untrusted". In TVServer/setuptv the plugin is not loaded with this message (exception in loadplugin):

Code:
    PluginManager: Plugin file Sky IT Channel and EPG Grabber.dll is broken or incompatible with the current tvserver version and won't be loaded!
    [2013-10-27 09:26:55,018] [Log    ] [SetupTv  ] [INFO ] - PluginManager: Exception: System.IO.FileLoadException: Impossibile caricare il file o l'assembly 'file:///C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server\plugins\Sky IT Channel and EPG Grabber.dll' o una delle relative dipendenze. Operazione non supportata. (Eccezione da HRESULT: 0x80131515)
    Nome file: 'file:///C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server\plugins\Sky IT Channel and EPG Grabber.dll' ---> System.NotSupportedException: È stato effettuato un tentativo di caricamento di un assembly da un percorso di rete, il che avrebbe causato la creazione mediante sandbox dell'assembly nelle versioni precedenti di .NET Framework. In questa versione di .NET Framework i criteri di sicurezza dall'accesso di codice non sono abilitati per impostazione predefinita, pertanto questo tipo di caricamento può risultare pericoloso. Se il caricamento non è effettuato per creare l'assembly mediante sandbox, abilitare l'opzione loadFromRemoteSources. Per ulteriori informazioni, vedere http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=155569.
       in System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly._nLoad(AssemblyName fileName, String codeBase, Evidence assemblySecurity, RuntimeAssembly locationHint, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, IntPtr pPrivHostBinder, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection, Boolean suppressSecurityChecks)
       in System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.nLoad(AssemblyName fileName, String codeBase, Evidence assemblySecurity, RuntimeAssembly locationHint, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, IntPtr pPrivHostBinder, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection, Boolean suppressSecurityChecks)
       in System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.InternalLoadAssemblyName(AssemblyName assemblyRef, Evidence assemblySecurity, RuntimeAssembly reqAssembly, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, IntPtr pPrivHostBinder, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection, Boolean suppressSecurityChecks)
       in System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.InternalLoadFrom(String assemblyFile, Evidence securityEvidence, Byte[] hashValue, AssemblyHashAlgorithm hashAlgorithm, Boolean forIntrospection, Boolean suppressSecurityChecks, StackCrawlMark& stackMark)
       in System.Reflection.Assembly.LoadFrom(String assemblyFile)
       in SetupTv.PluginLoader.LoadPlugin(String strFile)

in configuration.exe you cannot even display the plugin section if there is one file considered untrusted in the plugin dir.

This seems to have a correlation with the .net4 update.

Solution is to select the .dll of the plugin, right mouse -> properties and "unblock" the file in the dialog.

See this MS note: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=155569 to workaround the problem...

Bye
    Roby

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom