MP1-4341 Add possibility to Deploy Tool to upgrade MySQL dB (1 Viewer)

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    All seems to have gone ok but on the first startup of the client it took a long time to get beyond the initialization screen...
    The client log is filled with
    [2014-02-08 09:28:00,327] [Log ] [MPMain ] [DEBUG] - D3D FullRender: MP focus

Sorry for the zip files but someone / somehow I can only upload a single file at a time again.
    btw: the 5.6 DB looks good from what I see

I can confirm this issue (happen randomly) i will provide a fix for it :)

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    All seems to have gone ok but on the first startup of the client it took a long time to get beyond the initialization screen...
    The client log is filled with
    [2014-02-08 09:28:00,327] [Log ] [MPMain ] [DEBUG] - D3D FullRender: MP focus

Sorry for the zip files but someone / somehow I can only upload a single file at a time again.
    btw: the 5.6 DB looks good from what I see

Logs show

Code:
    [2014-02-08 09:22:31,528] [Log  ] [SetupTv  ] [INFO ] - SetupDatabaseForm: Added dependency for TvService - MySQL56
    [2014-02-08 09:22:31,528] [Log  ] [SetupTv  ] [INFO ] - ---- check if database needs to be updated/created ----
    [2014-02-08 09:22:31,538] [Log  ] [SetupTv  ] [INFO ] - ---- upgrade database schema ----

but the new code has

Log.Info("- database upgraded to schema version " + version);

so I think it was fair to say that the database was not updated.

Now the question is whether it needed to be.

How can we check if the database is already using InnoDB ?

@breese - did you do a clean install with 1.6.0, or any of the test builds with MySQL 5.6 ?[/code]

breese

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 11, 2011
    Arlington Heights, Illinois
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I did a clean install about a week ago with one of the test builds
    I am including the install log from the last clean install and a zip export of my current database file
    Should give you all the info you need on how the DB is installed

Attachments

• mptvdb.zip
      315.2 KB

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    I did a clean install about a week ago with one of the test builds
    I am including the install log from the last clean install and a zip export of my current database file
    Should give you all the info you need on how the DB is installed

Someone else will need to check your database, but if you did a clean install with one of my test builds in the last few weeks, you are already using InnoDB, so there is no need for this to do anything. However, this is still useful testing that it does exactly what it is supposed to do.

breese

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 11, 2011
    Arlington Heights, Illinois
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Each time I restart my server, the TV Service logs an error in Windows System Events
    I have restarted my server 3 times and each time this is logged
    I cannot find any error listed in the MP logs

ID: 7043
    The TVService service did not shut down properly after receiving a preshutdown control.

michael_t

Portal Pro
    November 30, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Each time I restart my server, the TV Service logs an error in Windows System Events

The TVService service did not shut down properly after receiving a preshutdown control.
    This is a known issue (MP1-3172 TVService ignores shutdown). It is already fixed but the fix is not implemented in MP 1.7 (pre-release) because of TV Server code freeze.

Michael

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country

This is a known issue (MP1-3172 TVService ignores shutdown). It is already fixed but the fix is not implemented in MP 1.7 (pre-release) because of TV Server code freeze.

Michael

If we get a Jira and GIT branch to fix this problem in TVE35, then we can include it in the next release. If you can do this, we can potentially have this fix in 1.7.0.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    TVE35 will not be impacted because previous fix that 3172 solve for TVE3 was not ported.
    But still, surely the same root of issue exist on TVE35 (need confirmation). So could be nice to have a branch + Jira for tve35 :)

michael_t

Portal Pro
    November 30, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Michael

If we get a Jira and GIT branch to fix this problem in TVE35, then we can include it in the next release. If you can do this, we can potentially have this fix in 1.7.0.
    Here you are: TVLIB-73 TvService ignores shutdown

Michael

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom