[MP1-4456] Show last active module when starting/resuming from standby & remote control issue (1 Viewer)

marttoma

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 24, 2014
    Praha
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic
    I am using RC126 remote control: http://www.cohaus-berlin.de/shop/RC...edia-Center-Remote-Control-Set-RC126::44.html
    The IR receiver is connected to the USB. The remote control should be full compatible with MCE remote control - it can manage MCE without any problems.

I have in the MP Config tool following setting:
    • "Additional 3rd Party Checks" -> disabled MCE services by policy
    • "Autostart MP tray to launch MP with the MCE Button" -> checked

I have following issues with remote control in MP:
    1. MP does not wake up to the main screen in case of "Show last active module when starting/resuming from standby" is unchecked
    2. I can not change functionality of "Power TV" button in MP Config Tool - it still keeps sleep mode functionality (on other hand I can change functionalities of other buttons of my remote control in MP config tool)
    3. I can still manage MP by remote control although I dont select any remote control in MP Config Tool

Main issue is #1 as I would like to wake up MP to main screen directly.
    Does it exist description for all actions (what exactly each action does) for remote control setting?

Last edited:

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    With my original MCE remote control :
    If i use 'Show last active module when starting/resuming from standby' -> MP start in last module (like MyMusic or TVSeries) -> need to try when unchecked :)
    Press on Green Button and we go on Home screen or even on MP focused if not focused.

About Power TV button, i didn't try but yes it should surely override by Windows and use sleep function.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    About : 'Show last active module when starting/resuming from standby'
    You are right, it should be renamed ''Show last active module when starting MP' :)
    Maybe it was working before on resuming and it's broken now, i think i can try to debug that :p (do you know where it appear not working on resume ?)

marttoma

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 24, 2014
    Praha
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic
    (do you know where it appear not working on resume ?)
    It happens every time when the MP is not in home screen before it goes to sleep -> basically MP wakes up in every time to the last MP screen as I would have "Show last active module when starting/resuming from standby", but I dont have this item checked.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Yep this item not checked is only working on a fresh restart of MP.

In fact, when going to standy MP stay as is and on wake up too, so to be able to back to home, on resume code part, we need to add code to go to home.

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    In fact, when going to standy MP stay as is and on wake up too, so to be able to back to home, on resume code part, we need to add code to go to home.
    But that's just crazy, then simply put MP on BasicHome (as i do) and let it to go S3. After waking up it's nicely sitting on BasicHome.

The "Show last active module when starting/resuming from standby" is working fine but the 'resuming from standby' should be removed. This only works on startup. Resume does nothing to MP, it only triggers the sleep/wakeup of the system while leaving the running programs untouched.

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    MP does not wake up to the main screen in case of "Show last active module when starting/resuming from standby" is unchecked
    That's correct, we need to rename this function.
    I can not change functionality of "Power TV" button in MP Config Tool - it still keeps sleep mode functionality (on other hand I can change functionalities of other buttons of my remote control in MP config tool)
    MP uses Windows Power Settings, so when you've setup S3 for the powerbutton, it'll use that.

I can still manage MP by remote control although I dont select any remote control in MP Config Tool
    That's because the remote driver works in windows. You can even navigate around in Windows with your remote (like the Metro Interface of Win 8.1).

Brudertac

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 26, 2006
    Augsburg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Please Please Please add this Function. (go to Home after Resume).
    IMHO @regeszter has added this already to his own Version..

Also the Function to wait x Seconds after Resume was great. We have always the Problem that our LAN is not ready after Resume (for some Seconds) and MP is reacting weired or Crash sometimes.

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    We have always the Problem that our LAN is not ready after Resume (for some Seconds) and MP is reacting weired or Crash sometimes.
    That should only happen if you've moved the database and/or thumbs folder to a network location.
    If all local resources are available, MP should run without an issue, but will report remote files to be offline, till the LAN is initiated.

Have you set fixed IPs in the network adapter on every PC in the network?
    My LAN is init within 2 seconds after resume, Teamviewer shows me a popup on my desktop that the HTPC is available again, even before i see a picture on my TV (really fast).
    Besided that i've also put all the IP adresses of my machines in the hosts file, to rule out any DNS issues.
    Might be worth a try for you?

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France

Please Please Please add this Function. (go to Home after Resume).
    IMHO @regeszter has added this already to his own Version..

Also the Function to wait x Seconds after Resume was great. We have always the Problem that our LAN is not ready after Resume (for some Seconds) and MP is reacting weired or Crash sometimes.

Would add too that wait x seconds after Resume works normally :)
    If i set 30 seconds with checked resume option, on resume MP will wait 30 seconds.

I remember testing that with @michael_t :)

But on my win8, OnResumeAutomatic is not always done in order that should be on Win7.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom