[Bug] [MP1-4525] freezes when one video is playing (in small win) and play another video will come (1 Viewer)

marttoma

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 24, 2014
    Praha
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic
    Hi,

so I installed MP from installer your link (no problem with download:)) and I tested again the Presentation mode and Reverse presentation mode (in debug mode to get the log) and in both cases the picture order is the same - 1st picture, 2nd, 3rd, 4th:(

If I understand well in Reverse mode it should go from last picture to first one, right? If yes, then in my case it does not work liek this.

Log is attached.;)

Br,
    Martin

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi,

The recursive mode permit to read all image from all folder (share view) or all date.
    With shuffle mode OFF -> image will be in the same order
    With Shuffle mode ON -> image will be displayed randomly

Thanks for log will try to look soon :)

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    It seems autoshuffle is OFF so it's like you describe : ( <entry name="autoShuffle">no</entry> )

upload_2014-7-28_21-19-0.png

Try with :

upload_2014-7-28_21-19-50.png

upload_2014-7-28_21-19-40.png

marttoma

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 24, 2014
    Praha
    Home Country
    Hi,

I am confused now:) May be my understanding of this is different as yours:)

What should be behaviour (if everything is corrected) for these different scenarios:
    • Auto shuffle slide show is ON & Slideshow -> what do you expect it should do?
    • Auto shuffle slide show is ON & Reverse Slideshow -> what do you expect it should do?
    • Auto shuffle slide show is OFF & Slideshow -> what do you expect it should do?
    • Auto shuffle slide show is OFF & Reverse Slideshow -> what do you expect it should do?

I did not expected the auto shuffle setting has any impact on Reverse Slideshow as it is for me confusing -> I would expect if you have Auto shuffle ON, then the Reverse Slideshow should not be available (or should not have any impact on picture order) as the pictures should go in random order:)

Martin

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi :)

Autoshuffle ON is to shuffle and display picture randomly :)

Recursive is to look if there is picture in to folder like : Photo\ some picture in \ Paris \ again some picture here \ 2014.07.29 \ again picture here.
    So recursive will analyse all sub folder.

So if you want a slideshow in order : shuffle need to be set to OFF
    If you want a random : Shuffle need to be ON :)

marttoma

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 24, 2014
    Praha
    Home Country
    Hi Sebastiii:)

I will try your patch today evening and let you know. BTS with your patch the HTPC does not want go to sleep mode, is this OK?

Martin

marttoma

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 24, 2014
    Praha
    Home Country
    Hi
    Autoshuffle ON is to shuffle and display picture randomly
    Recursive is to look if there is picture in to folder like : Photo\ some picture in \ Paris \ again some picture here \ 2014.07.29 \ again picture here.
    So recursive will analyse all sub folder.
    So if you want a slideshow in order : shuffle need to be set to OFF
    If you want a random : Shuffle need to be ON

Uf:). Not so simple to understand from the label name the functionality without your descriptions:)

Testing directory (contains in total 50 pictures)
    • Dir 01 (inside 3 SubDirs)
    - SubDir 01 (inside 10 pictures)​
    - SubDir 02 (inside 10 pictures)
    - SubDir 03 (inside 10 pictures)​
    • Dir 02 (inside 10 pictures)
    • Dir 03 (inside 10 pictures)
    Anyway let me try to summarize, how does it work here on Windows 7 x32 and Win 8.1 Pro x64 (Repeat/Loop slidewshow is OFF.):
    • Auto shuffle slide show is OFF & actual "cursor" is 1 level below root (i.e. Dir 01, Dir 02, Dir 03)
      • Slideshow -> does not do anything
      • Reverse Slideshow -> Pic 01 (Dir 02) --> Pic 10 (Dir 02) --> Pic 01 (Dir 03) --> Pic 10 (Dir 03) --> Pic 01 (SubDir 01) --> Pic 10 (SubDir 01) --> Pic 01 (SubDir 02) --> Pic 10 (SubDir 02) --> Pic 01 (SubDir 03) --> Pic 10 (SubDir 03) --> End (no loop set up)

• Auto shuffle slide show is OFF & actual "cursor" is in the Dir or SubDir with file list (i.e. SubDir 01)
      • Slideshow -> Pic 01 (SubDir 01) --> Pic 02 (SubDir 02) --> --> Pic 02 (SubDir 10) --> End (no loop set up)
      • Reverse Slideshow -> Pic 01 (SubDir 01) --> Pic 02 (SubDir 02) --> --> Pic 02 (SubDir 10) --> End (no loop set up)

• Auto shuffle slide show is ON & actual "cursor" is 1 level below root (i.e. Dir 01, Dir 02, Dir 03)
      • Slideshow -> does not do anything
      • Reverse Slideshow -> random order of pictures (it shows all 50 pictures) --> End (no loop set up)

• Auto shuffle slide show is ON & actual "cursor" is in the Dir or SubDir with file list (i.e. SubDir 01)
      • Slideshow -> random order, but it does not show all pictures in the folder (every time it shows different number of pictures) --> End (no loop set up)
      • Reverse Slideshow -> Pic 01 (SubDir 01) --> Pic 02 (SubDir 02) --> --> Pic 02 (SubDir 10) --> End (no loop set up)

For me the logic of this setting and label naming is confusing:) I would not get it from the label name only:(

Let me propose something - may be more simple way - e.g.:
    • SlideShow -> I would change the label to "SlideShow with sorted order" -> with this it would do SlideShow with sorted order of all pictures in current directory and below it
    • SlideShow Reverse -> I would change the label to "SlideShow with random order"-> with this it would do SlideShow with random order of all pictures in current directory and below it
    & I would delete the Auto Shuffle setting in Settings:)

But may be I miss something or the change is too complicated. I would be happy to hear from you about this more if possible.

Martin

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Thanks for the test,

Effectively, we can have different result from where we start the slideshow or recursive one :
    I wouldn't change label lol.

In fact the slideshow is to display the picture from the current opened folder.
    The recursive one is to look into subdir and add picture to a temporary list that will display picture.

The autoshuffle is here to random the current temporary list into 2 cases when a new subdir is found or when the list reach the end (but here when the end of list is reached, if we don't use loop, the slideshow can stop).

Maybe it's not the best, but i have past some many hours on this that for me it works quite nicely.

Before i start to rework mypicture, when you have a big list of photos and you start recursive, all items was added to temporary list but the start can take 10 minutes (depend on how many photos you have), now it start directly and when MP find a subdir, it analyse the content and add picture to the list.

So without shuffle and if we start always from the same start, the picture will be displayed always in the same order and with autoshuffle ON, the current temporary list will be change ramdomly :)

marttoma

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 24, 2014
    Praha
    Home Country
    Ok, if I understand well then:

• SlideShow will display pictures in current directory (no from subdirs) in order or random order (based on auto shuffle on / off)
    • Reverse SlideShow will display pictures in current directory + all pictures from all subdirs in order or random order (based on auto shuffle on / off)

Is this right?

If so then may be I would propose (at least for me:)) following naming:
    • SlideShow -> SlideShow (current folder only)
    • Reverse SlideShow -> SlideShow (current folder + nested folders)

• Auto Shuffle SlideShow -> Slideshow with random order

Anyway it is up to you, its just a proposal:)

From my test I would say this test case:
    Auto shuffle slide show is ON & actual "cursor" is in the Dir or SubDir with file list (i.e. SubDir 01)
    Slideshow -> random order, but it does not show all pictures in the folder (every time it shows different number of pictures) --> End (no loop set up)
    should not finish every time with different number of displayed pictures (from total 10 pictures should be displayed all 10 pictures).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom