[solved] MP1-4585 Generic HID input device support for MCE buttons (1 Viewer)

edterbak

Portal Pro
March 4, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Using this with iMON hardware in 'MCE remote' mode multimedia commands are not working.
Most likely because iMON manager simply generates WM_APPCOMMAND messages for those.
I'm guessing a few other software/hardware combination could have similar issue.
I'm going to re-introduce the WM_APPCOMMAND support in another tab/remote plugin.
I own both!
MCE remote with the mce receiver and iMON vfd display (Antec Fusion case). So hopefully I can be of assistance?
I always disable the IR receiver of iMON, cause its too sensitive for alignment/clear sight etc..

But I will install the latest build from def forum and test

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    On that note, I'm sorry to say that your settings are still not correct. For example (RawInput.cs):

Are we talking about the white space characters before and after that multiply? Really?
    Is Resharper not suppose to take care of that one too? I'm pretty sure I did run that file through resharper.

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I always disable the IR receiver of iMON,
    Is there an option in iMON Manager to disable the IR?

So hopefully I can be of assistance
    That would be fantastic cause I don't think anyone tested that stuff, except myself obviously.
    Use the build from the first post of that thread. It's just 1.10 with those changes.

So you are using 'Microsoft MCE' configuration. You should be able to use the new HID config instead.
    Obviously you can stick to the 'Microsoft MCE' configuration and test it for regression that would be something already.

edterbak

Portal Pro
    March 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Stephane,

Should I use the build from firstpost thir thread? Or from dev thread 1.11 pre testbuild?
    And sorry for not being able to do some tests already. I got swamped at home. :(

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I'm assuming everyone is happy with those changes and will put them on master later today or tomorrow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom