[Finished] MP1-4777 Additional info for video and audio (1 Viewer)

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I've just pushed new version of MP-MediaInfo 18.12 with support HDR, advanced support BD3D and other improvements
    Is this the code that the MP client uses to determine the properties of a TS file?

If it is, does the new version return the duration of audio-only TS files?

Audio-only TS files are radio recordings broadcast via the DVB-T/T2 system in the UK. When these files are stored in the "Videos" section of MP, they do not show the duration. I think that this is because the existing MediaInfo code does not return a duration for these files. (This was discussed some time ago in some other thread.)

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

yartat

Portal Pro
    October 1, 2007
    Kjiv, Ukraine
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    Is this the code that the MP client uses to determine the properties of a TS file?
    Yes, this wrapper over MediaInfo library is used to retrieve properties from any multimedia container including TS container.
    If it is, does the new version return the duration of audio-only TS files?
    Previous version determine duration from video stream with index 0. I fixed this and now in case container does not contain video stream will try retrieve duration from audio stream with index 0.
    One case still presents: container has more than one audio streams with different duration. I have many solutions to fix this but all of them are not perfect.

yartat

Portal Pro
    October 1, 2007
    Kjiv, Ukraine
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    Return duration for 0 stream, or for best quality stream :)
    One of solution was calculating duration for all streams (including menu) with delay and max of them is a final duration. But this solution has a problem in case container (DVD or BD) contains several autonomic clips (music clips, demo clips and others).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom