[Finished] - [MP1-4795] Add keyboard support to HID handler | Page 7

Discussion in 'Area 51 - Testing Area' started by Stéphane Lenclud, April 29, 2016.

1. CyberSimian
    • Team MediaPortal

CyberSimian Test Group

Ratings:
    +891 / 3
    Home Country:
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Show System Specs
    You could be right about the multiple Home screens. I will experiment with this and see if I can get it to work. Thanks for the suggestion. :)

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Stéphane Lenclud
    • Team MediaPortal

Stéphane Lenclud Development Group

Ratings:
    +1,265 / 8
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Show System Specs
    What do you mean by list shortcuts? Do you mean list filtering? Say I'm looking at a list of items and I type letters to filter items matching my input.

Lucky nothing should be taken away by those changes. HID keyboard is an opt-in functionality. Users can still use our legacy keyboard handler.
    However we obviously want to align and match the functionality of our legacy keyboard handler whenever possible and wherever it makes sense.
    Nevertheless this is obviously a work in progress and I reckon it will take us a few releases to complete that feature parity.

4. Stéphane Lenclud
    • Team MediaPortal

Ratings:
    +1,265 / 8
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Show System Specs
    What do you mean by list shortcuts? Do you mean list filtering? Say I'm looking at a list of items and I type letters to filter items matching my input.

Lucky nothing should be taken away by those changes. HID keyboard is an opt-in functionality. Users can still use our legacy keyboard handler.
    However we obviously want to align and match the functionality of our legacy keyboard handler whenever possible and wherever it makes sense.
    Nevertheless this is obviously a work in progress and I reckon it will take us a few releases to complete that feature parity.

5. Stéphane Lenclud
    • Team MediaPortal

Ratings:
    +1,265 / 8
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Show System Specs
    We should be able to get that working with HID. Getting digits to work in EPG should be straight forward too, simple configuration changes should do.

6. CyberSimian
    • Team MediaPortal

CyberSimian Test Group

Ratings:
    +891 / 3
    Home Country:
    Show System Specs
    I don't know what the correct terminology is for this, but it might best be described as a "scrolling shortcut". On a long list (multiple pages), you can type one or more upper case letters in order to get the list to scroll immediately to the first item that begins with those letters.

I would think of "list filtering" as a facility that shows only the items that begin with (or perhaps contain) the letters typed.

7. CyberSimian
    • Team MediaPortal

CyberSimian Test Group

Ratings:
    +891 / 3
    Home Country:
    Show System Specs
    You were correct about this. I changed the window condition from "Home" to "Second Home", and now the START button works as expected (displays the "Shutdown" pop-up menu). (y) However...

There is something odd about this. The default action ("No condition") for the START button within MP is to display the "Home" panel, but the condition for the "Shutdown" pop-up has to specify "Second Home" in order to work. If the "Shutdown" condition specifies "Home", it does not work. :confused:

I tried changing the default action for START to specify "Second Home" in place of "Home", and the START button works correctly. So the "Home" panel and the "Second Home" panel are the same panel in DefaultWideHD. But the "Shutdown" condition works only for "Second Home". :confused:

I wonder if this is a problem with the way that DefaultWideHD assigns its panel ids? @catavolt ?

8. te3hpurp
    • Team MediaPortal

te3hpurp Retired Team Member

Senior Software Architect
    Ratings:
    +223 / 0
    Home Country:
    Finland Finland
    Show System Specs

Hi.

I hope these will evetually find their way to 1.16 also

9. Stéphane Lenclud
    • Team MediaPortal

Ratings:
    +1,265 / 8
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Show System Specs
    That's the plan.

10. CyberSimian
    • Team MediaPortal

CyberSimian Test Group

Ratings:
    +891 / 3
    Home Country:
    Show System Specs
    Well, there is presumably at least one person who uses scrolling shortcuts... :D

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...tions-break-scrolling-by-first-letter.135352/

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!