[Finished] [MP1-4795] Add keyboard support to HID handler (1 Viewer)

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Here it seems you want GreenStart to execute the shutdown action if you are in the Home screen. Maybe there is a problem with the condition as I know we have multiple Home screens so you might want to look into that.
    You could be right about the multiple Home screens. I will experiment with this and see if I can get it to work. Thanks for the suggestion. :)

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    list shortcuts
    What do you mean by list shortcuts? Do you mean list filtering? Say I'm looking at a list of items and I type letters to filter items matching my input.

won't look favourably on a release of MP that takes them away.
    Lucky nothing should be taken away by those changes. HID keyboard is an opt-in functionality. Users can still use our legacy keyboard handler.
    However we obviously want to align and match the functionality of our legacy keyboard handler whenever possible and wherever it makes sense.
    Nevertheless this is obviously a work in progress and I reckon it will take us a few releases to complete that feature parity.

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    list shortcuts
    What do you mean by list shortcuts? Do you mean list filtering? Say I'm looking at a list of items and I type letters to filter items matching my input.

won't look favourably on a release of MP that takes them away.
    Lucky nothing should be taken away by those changes. HID keyboard is an opt-in functionality. Users can still use our legacy keyboard handler.
    However we obviously want to align and match the functionality of our legacy keyboard handler whenever possible and wherever it makes sense.
    Nevertheless this is obviously a work in progress and I reckon it will take us a few releases to complete that feature parity.

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    entering "0" in the EPG resets the size of the EPG timeblock to its default size
    We should be able to get that working with HID. Getting digits to work in EPG should be straight forward too, simple configuration changes should do.

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    I don't know what the correct terminology is for this, but it might best be described as a "scrolling shortcut". On a long list (multiple pages), you can type one or more upper case letters in order to get the list to scroll immediately to the first item that begins with those letters.

I would think of "list filtering" as a facility that shows only the items that begin with (or perhaps contain) the letters typed.

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    It seems you want GreenStart to execute the shutdown action if you are in the Home screen. Maybe there is a problem with the condition as I know we have multiple Home screens, so you might want to look into that.
    You were correct about this. I changed the window condition from "Home" to "Second Home", and now the START button works as expected (displays the "Shutdown" pop-up menu). (y) However...

There is something odd about this. The default action ("No condition") for the START button within MP is to display the "Home" panel, but the condition for the "Shutdown" pop-up has to specify "Second Home" in order to work. If the "Shutdown" condition specifies "Home", it does not work. :confused:

I tried changing the default action for START to specify "Second Home" in place of "Home", and the START button works correctly. So the "Home" panel and the "Second Home" panel are the same panel in DefaultWideHD. But the "Shutdown" condition works only for "Second Home". :confused:

I wonder if this is a problem with the way that DefaultWideHD assigns its panel ids? @catavolt ?

te3hpurp

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 23, 2008
    Rovaniemi
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    @te3hpurp Thanks a lot for the testing and feedback.
    It turns out you can fix that by adding the missing entries to your XML.
    I'll make sure it reaches the release.
    The missing entries are shown below in red:
    <button code="D0" repeat="true">
    <action layer="0" condition="WINDOW" conproperty="602" command="ACTION" cmdproperty="93" cmdkeychar="48" cmdkeycode="0" sound="click.wav" />
    <action layer="0" condition="WINDOW" conproperty="7700" command="ACTION" cmdproperty="93" cmdkeychar="48" cmdkeycode="0" sound="click.wav" />
    <action layer="0" condition="WINDOW" conproperty="7701" command="ACTION" cmdproperty="93" cmdkeychar="48" cmdkeycode="0" sound="click.wav" />

<action layer="0" condition="WINDOW" conproperty="6" command="ACTION" cmdproperty="80" sound="click.wav" />
    <action layer="0" condition="WINDOW" conproperty="25" command="ACTION" cmdproperty="80" sound="click.wav" />
    <action layer="0" condition="WINDOW" conproperty="2007" command="ACTION" cmdproperty="80" sound="click.wav" />
    <action layer="0" condition="WINDOW" conproperty="2" command="ACTION" cmdproperty="80" sound="click.wav" />
    <action layer="0" condition="WINDOW" conproperty="603" command="ACTION" cmdproperty="80" sound="click.wav" />
    <action layer="0" condition="WINDOW" conproperty="3" command="ACTION" cmdproperty="80" sound="click.wav" />
    <action layer="0" condition="*" conproperty="-1" command="ACTION" cmdproperty="58" sound="cursor.wav" />
    </button>

<button code="D1" repeat="true">
    <action layer="0" condition="WINDOW" conproperty="602" command="ACTION" cmdproperty="93" cmdkeychar="49" cmdkeycode="1" sound="click.wav" />
    <action layer="0" condition="WINDOW" conproperty="7700" command="ACTION" cmdproperty="93" cmdkeychar="49" cmdkeycode="1" sound="click.wav" />
    <action layer="0" condition="WINDOW" conproperty="7701" command="ACTION" cmdproperty="93" cmdkeychar="49" cmdkeycode="1" sound="click.wav" />

<action layer="0" condition="WINDOW" conproperty="2007" command="ACTION" cmdproperty="37" sound="click.wav" />
    <action layer="0" condition="*" conproperty="-1" command="ACTION" cmdproperty="59" sound="cursor.wav" />
    </button>
    <button code="D2" repeat="true">
    <action layer="0" condition="WINDOW" conproperty="602" command="ACTION" cmdproperty="93" cmdkeychar="50" cmdkeycode="2" sound="click.wav" />
    <action layer="0" condition="WINDOW" conproperty="7700" command="ACTION" cmdproperty="93" cmdkeychar="50" cmdkeycode="2" sound="click.wav" />
    <action layer="0" condition="WINDOW" conproperty="7701" command="ACTION" cmdproperty="93" cmdkeychar="50" cmdkeycode="2" sound="click.wav" />

<action layer="0" condition="WINDOW" conproperty="2007" command="ACTION" cmdproperty="38" sound="click.wav" />
    <action layer="0" condition="WINDOW" conproperty="3" command="ACTION" cmdproperty="81" sound="click.wav" />
    <action layer="0" condition="*" conproperty="-1" command="ACTION" cmdproperty="60" sound="cursor.wav" />

</button>
    <button code="D3" repeat="true">
    <action layer="0" condition="WINDOW" conproperty="602" command="ACTION" cmdproperty="93" cmdkeychar="51" cmdkeycode="3" sound="click.wav" />
    <action layer="0" condition="WINDOW" conproperty="7700" command="ACTION" cmdproperty="93" cmdkeychar="51" cmdkeycode="3" sound="click.wav" />
    <action layer="0" condition="WINDOW" conproperty="7701" command="ACTION" cmdproperty="93" cmdkeychar="51" cmdkeycode="3" sound="click.wav" />

<action layer="0" condition="WINDOW" conproperty="2007" command="ACTION" cmdproperty="39" sound="click.wav" />
    <action layer="0" condition="WINDOW" conproperty="3" command="ACTION" cmdproperty="82" sound="click.wav" />
    <action layer="0" condition="*" conproperty="-1" command="ACTION" cmdproperty="61" sound="cursor.wav" />
    </button>
    <button code="D4" repeat="true">
    <action layer="0" condition="WINDOW" conproperty="602" command="ACTION" cmdproperty="93" cmdkeychar="52" cmdkeycode="4" sound="click.wav" />
    <action layer="0" condition="WINDOW" conproperty="7700" command="ACTION" cmdproperty="93" cmdkeychar="52" cmdkeycode="4" sound="click.wav" />
    <action layer="0" condition="WINDOW" conproperty="7701" command="ACTION" cmdproperty="93" cmdkeychar="52" cmdkeycode="4" sound="click.wav" />

<action layer="0" condition="WINDOW" conproperty="2007" command="ACTION" cmdproperty="40" sound="click.wav" />
    <action layer="0" condition="*" conproperty="-1" command="ACTION" cmdproperty="62" sound="cursor.wav" />
    </button>
    <button code="D5" repeat="true">
    <action layer="0" condition="WINDOW" conproperty="602" command="ACTION" cmdproperty="93" cmdkeychar="53" cmdkeycode="5" sound="click.wav" />
    <action layer="0" condition="WINDOW" conproperty="7700" command="ACTION" cmdproperty="93" cmdkeychar="53" cmdkeycode="5" sound="click.wav" />
    <action layer="0" condition="WINDOW" conproperty="7701" command="ACTION" cmdproperty="93" cmdkeychar="53" cmdkeycode="5" sound="click.wav" />

<action layer="0" condition="WINDOW" conproperty="2007" command="ACTION" cmdproperty="41" sound="click.wav" />
    <action layer="0" condition="*" conproperty="-1" command="ACTION" cmdproperty="63" sound="cursor.wav" />
    </button>
    <button code="D6" repeat="true">
    <action layer="0" condition="WINDOW" conproperty="602" command="ACTION" cmdproperty="93" cmdkeychar="54" cmdkeycode="6" sound="click.wav" />
    <action layer="0" condition="WINDOW" conproperty="7700" command="ACTION" cmdproperty="93" cmdkeychar="54" cmdkeycode="6" sound="click.wav" />
    <action layer="0" condition="WINDOW" conproperty="7701" command="ACTION" cmdproperty="93" cmdkeychar="54" cmdkeycode="6" sound="click.wav" />

<action layer="0" condition="WINDOW" conproperty="2007" command="ACTION" cmdproperty="42" sound="click.wav" />
    <action layer="0" condition="*" conproperty="-1" command="ACTION" cmdproperty="64" sound="cursor.wav" />
    </button>
    <button code="D7" repeat="true">
    <action layer="0" condition="WINDOW" conproperty="602" command="ACTION" cmdproperty="93" cmdkeychar="55" cmdkeycode="7" sound="click.wav" />
    <action layer="0" condition="WINDOW" conproperty="7700" command="ACTION" cmdproperty="93" cmdkeychar="55" cmdkeycode="7" sound="click.wav" />
    <action layer="0" condition="WINDOW" conproperty="7701" command="ACTION" cmdproperty="93" cmdkeychar="55" cmdkeycode="7" sound="click.wav" />

<action layer="0" condition="WINDOW" conproperty="2007" command="ACTION" cmdproperty="43" sound="click.wav" />
    <action layer="0" condition="*" conproperty="-1" command="ACTION" cmdproperty="65" sound="cursor.wav" />
    </button>
    <button code="D8" repeat="true">
    <action layer="0" condition="WINDOW" conproperty="602" command="ACTION" cmdproperty="93" cmdkeychar="56" cmdkeycode="8" sound="click.wav" />
    <action layer="0" condition="WINDOW" conproperty="7700" command="ACTION" cmdproperty="93" cmdkeychar="56" cmdkeycode="8" sound="click.wav" />
    <action layer="0" condition="WINDOW" conproperty="7701" command="ACTION" cmdproperty="93" cmdkeychar="56" cmdkeycode="8" sound="click.wav" />

<action layer="0" condition="WINDOW" conproperty="2007" command="ACTION" cmdproperty="44" sound="click.wav" />
    <action layer="0" condition="*" conproperty="-1" command="ACTION" cmdproperty="66" sound="cursor.wav" />
    </button>
    <button code="D9" repeat="true">
    <action layer="0" condition="WINDOW" conproperty="602" command="ACTION" cmdproperty="93" cmdkeychar="57" cmdkeycode="9" sound="click.wav" />
    <action layer="0" condition="WINDOW" conproperty="7700" command="ACTION" cmdproperty="93" cmdkeychar="57" cmdkeycode="9" sound="click.wav" />
    <action layer="0" condition="WINDOW" conproperty="7701" command="ACTION" cmdproperty="93" cmdkeychar="57" cmdkeycode="9" sound="click.wav" />

<action layer="0" condition="WINDOW" conproperty="2007" command="ACTION" cmdproperty="45" sound="click.wav" />
    <action layer="0" condition="*" conproperty="-1" command="ACTION" cmdproperty="67" sound="cursor.wav" />
    </button>

It's actually fixing both teletext page selection and channel zapping.

Hi.

I hope these will evetually find their way to 1.16 also

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom