[Finished] [MP1-4795] Add keyboard support to HID handler (2 Viewers)

Rick164

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Thanks, will add the missing ones ("<" and ">" ) to xml and re-test.

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @CyberSimian With the installer provided above you should already be able to create an HID profile that works with Ortek/Hama.
    Though you will need to edit te XML file rather than use to UI to be able to use shift and other modifiers.
    I would create an hid.wmc.xml file in the built-in config folder from a copy of hid.full.xml and amend it has needed:
    • Replace Escape with Backspace
    • Add the various modifiers shortcuts you need.
    Ideally we should be able to keep the whole thing compatible with WMC shortcuts. If not than we should rather name it hid.hama.xml I guess.
    If you get around compiling such a file make sure you provide it to me here so that I can integrate it as part of those changes.
    Be careful when doing changes through the UI as the current version could be loosing modifiers status such as shift and control.

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thanks, will add the missing ones ("<" and ">" ) to xml and re-test.

Once you have something you are happy with provide me with the modified file here and I'll see if I can integrate it.
    If you need changing too many thing then we could create an hid.lirc.xml profile I guess.

Rick164

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Remapped the dialog key on my remote (Flirc config) to the "O" key so that it sends the yellow key however I'm getting a duplicate all layers entry but not sure if that is normal :)

flirc_yellow_passthru.PNG

// Update

One saved and re-opened the "O" key only has 1 All layers, basically want it to passhru the yellow key in all situations (for AudioSwitcher addon) but now that I think about that will cause some issues with other actions (dialog search etc..)

Rick164

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Added the missing keys to the XML which are mapped to the yellow key (AtmoLight menu) and dvd menu (AudioSwitcher menu), comes down OemPeriod and Oemcomma with shift Up :)
    Working perfectly this way (y)

Attachments

• hid.full.user.xml
      42.8 KB

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    With the installer provided above you should already be able to create an HID profile that works with Ortek/Hama.
    I have downloaded the current version, and will try it tomorrow (I have a spare partition that I can use).

Ideally we should be able to keep the whole thing compatible with WMC shortcuts. If not than we should rather name it hid.hama.xml I guess.
    Many buttons should be compatible. :) But there are a few awkward ones, so using the WMC definition file may not give optimal usability for the Ortek/Hama. :(

If you get around compiling such a file make sure you provide it to me here so that I can integrate it as part of those changes.
    My current "Centarea HID" for the Ortek/Hama uses an AutoHotKey script to give improved usability. It may turn out to be necessary to continue using such a script to circumvent some of the Ortek/Hama weirdness. I will know more when I have used the new support for a while.

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    To be able to contribute this to an official release I'll need to:
    • Fix broken free text input that's used in various search fields.
    • Prevent stray events by removing much of our global key mapping.
    • Provide an HID keyboard only profile.
    • Provide an option to turn on/off legacy keyboard handler.
    • Add some of our hard coded keyboard shortcut to HID profile. Add missing actions if needed.
    • Get more people to test and validate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom