MP1 crashes repeatedly (2 Viewers)

tvo81

April 6, 2021
Home Country
Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
Country flag
Hi there,

I've been using MP1 for a few years without issues. In December I bought a new TBS card (6910) with CI interface. I followed the instructions from the thread about the patch for TBS tuners, which worked after some tinkering, and scrambled channels worked (though only on one tuner).

Two weeks ago, I built a new system from scratch, and I've been trying to get MP1 up and running since. I've also posted on the TBS thread, but now I seem to have a more general issue: MP keeps crashing when I scan for channels. I also can't watch scrambled channels, in spite of using tbsciapi.dll.

I would be grateful if someone could have a look at the attached log files.

Thanks a lot for your help!

Attachments

• MP_TVELogs_13_04_21__20_31.zip
    815 KB · Views: 0

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Country flag
    MP keeps crashing when I scan for channels.
    I have never ever used satellite TV (either with MP or with a TV), but I recollect reading in a thread somewhere on this web site that on "Scan for channels" for a satellite tuner in "TV Server Config", you need to deselect the "Use DVB-S2" setting if selected by default, or select that setting if deselected by default (I don't remember what the default setting is).

You may already be doing this, or maybe it does not cause TV Server to crash, or maybe I have misremembered the original post. Who knows! :confused:

I have not looked at the log files, as they are unintelligble gobbledegook. :(

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

tvo81

April 6, 2021
    Home Country
    Country flag
    Hi mate,

Thanks a lot for your reply. I do need the S2 box ticked to get all chpanels.
    Having tested a bit more, it’s definitely related to the tbsciapi.dll.

Any other feedback is much appreciate.

tvo81

April 6, 2021
    Home Country
    Country flag
    Withdrawing this question as I've decided to change hardware.
    Thanks anyway for your help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Just to wrap this up I did eventually get MP2 installed, the above mentioned error was resolved once I uninstalled MP1. I then had firewall issues with MP2, the client could not see the server unless I turned the firewall off on the server, all rules seemed present and correct, so I eventually uninstalled MP2 as I needed a working...
    Just to wrap this up I did eventually get MP2 installed, the above mentioned error was resolved once I uninstalled MP1. I then had...
    I'm not quite sure what I've done, but somehow I seem to have broken our Mediaportal installation. I'm running it as a TV server...
    Replies
    Views
    From discussions in another thread, it has become apparent that there is a "gotcha" with regard to the "Schedules Direct" plugin for "TV Server". :eek: Schedules Direct provide EPG data in the following formats: JSON format: this is available for all countries that Schedules Direct support. XML format: this is available only for the...
    From discussions in another thread, it has become apparent that there is a "gotcha" with regard to the "Schedules Direct" plugin...
    Hello - I'm a new user converting from a Win7 WMC. I love the features in MP2 (and MP1) but we are heavy OTA watchers - so getting...
    Replies
    Views
    Pre Releases are provided as a way for the community to test and give feedback on all the exciting things we have lined up for the next release. We allocate about one month for Pre Release testing. In that time we will only fix bugs, after which comes the final release! Highlights of this release Bugfixes: [MP1-5031] - Fix Invalid...
    Pre Releases are provided as a way for the community to test and give feedback on all the exciting things we have lined up for the...
    Pre Releases are provided as a way for the community to test and give feedback on all the exciting things we have lined up for the...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 MP2 DLNA status? DE
    What I meant is that we have a MP2 plugin called UPnP Render that can play media from DLNA servers if I remember correctly. I don't know the current state of the plugin though. That's why MP2 probably never will be certified. ;) Yes, that was also the idea, but it is a big job as all TV's, software etc. seems to not do everything...
    What I meant is that we have a MP2 plugin called UPnP Render that can play media from DLNA servers if I remember correctly. I don't...
    So I'm wondering what the state of play is with MP2 and DLNA functionality? When I started this post, I did see some posts...
    Replies
    Views
    What is the status of the fix? I seem to be hitting this exact problem at channel 24 (in Seattle it is KUNS-DT).
    What is the status of the fix? I seem to be hitting this exact problem at channel 24 (in Seattle it is KUNS-DT).
    MediaPortal 2 Version: 2.2.2 Description I am setting up a new Windows 10 Pro system to replace my old Windows 7 WMC server to be...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom