[solved] MP1 crashes repeatedly (1 Viewer)

tvo81

April 6, 2021
Home Country
Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
Hi there,

I've been using MP1 for a few years without issues. In December I bought a new TBS card (6910) with CI interface. I followed the instructions from the thread about the patch for TBS tuners, which worked after some tinkering, and scrambled channels worked (though only on one tuner).

Two weeks ago, I built a new system from scratch, and I've been trying to get MP1 up and running since. I've also posted on the TBS thread, but now I seem to have a more general issue: MP keeps crashing when I scan for channels. I also can't watch scrambled channels, in spite of using tbsciapi.dll.

I would be grateful if someone could have a look at the attached log files.

Thanks a lot for your help!

Attachments

• MP_TVELogs_13_04_21__20_31.zip
    815 KB

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    MP keeps crashing when I scan for channels.
    I have never ever used satellite TV (either with MP or with a TV), but I recollect reading in a thread somewhere on this web site that on "Scan for channels" for a satellite tuner in "TV Server Config", you need to deselect the "Use DVB-S2" setting if selected by default, or select that setting if deselected by default (I don't remember what the default setting is).

You may already be doing this, or maybe it does not cause TV Server to crash, or maybe I have misremembered the original post. Who knows! :confused:

I have not looked at the log files, as they are unintelligble gobbledegook. :(

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

tvo81

April 6, 2021
    Home Country
    Hi mate,

Thanks a lot for your reply. I do need the S2 box ticked to get all chpanels.
    Having tested a bit more, it’s definitely related to the tbsciapi.dll.

Any other feedback is much appreciate.

tvo81

April 6, 2021
    Home Country
    Withdrawing this question as I've decided to change hardware.
    Thanks anyway for your help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom