MP1 EVR Presenter/dshowhelper community development (1 Viewer)

AfshinBarani

Portal Pro
April 16, 2012
Home Country
Germany Germany
Because the video and audio 'clocks' in a PC are not locked together, unless you are using ReClock or MP Audio Renderer, you usually get a small number of dropped or repeated frames per hour - the system has to do this to keep the video and audio in sync.

Tony

so what should i do ?
use ReClock ? or MP Audio Render ?
how ?

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Just install ReClock and/or MP Audio Renderer and then select it as the audio renderer in the Settings -> TV section.

Note - ReClock doesn't always work well with live TV, and MPAR can have issues as well (the problems are being worked on - MPAR is a current development project).

If you attach some logs I'll take a quick look to see if there is anything obvious which might be making SD TV worse than HD - for how to collect logs, see http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_MEDIAPORTAL_1/18_Contribute/2_Testing_and_Bug_Reports/WatchDog

Tony

AfshinBarani

Portal Pro
    April 16, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    hi again mr Tony

i used both ReClock and MPAR last night
    and used so many combination of TsReader.ax and dshowhelper (those versions that work with MPAR)
    result is much better , after 1.520.000 drawn frames,i have 57 drop (almost 1 drop in every 10 minutes) and 300 repeats
    but unfortunetely those stuttering are still there , i can see them (maybe every minute)

i attached my logs , while i was on a sd and fta channel , and im sure about the signal quality .
    as u see in the picture and logs , i had only 5 drop and 4 rps after 42.000 frames (and i have to say 4 rps and 4 drops were at the starting 5-6 seconds,so it's better to say i had only 1 drop and zero rps in 42.000 frames).
    results are good , as far as i know , but live tv still isn't smooth all the time and i see some stuttering.
    now im ran out of idea and waiting for you to see what's going on.

and i have one more question,i don't use any filter in post-processing section, is that a problem ? should i use some filters?

again thank you for your help

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
      Untitled.jpg
      126.8 KB
    Last edited:

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    i ran Latency Checker and had some Red Bars and tried to disable/enable every driver i could but i couldn't find the problem so i updated my m/b drivers,i read alot of threads in Nvidia's forum and found out v258.96 is the best , so downloaded that , again no difference at all

If there are red bars in the latency checker then it is the most likely cause for the bad playback (after all something on kernel / HW level) is causing huge spikes to happen. Those spikes will stall both user mode and kernel mode code from running -> when such spike happens on "sweet spot" it will cause a glitch in the video and/or audio playback.

AfshinBarani

Portal Pro
    April 16, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    If there are red bars in the latency checker then it is the most likely cause for the bad playback (after all something on kernel / HW level) is causing huge spikes to happen. Those spikes will stall both user mode and kernel mode code from running -> when such spike happens on "sweet spot" it will cause a glitch in the video and/or audio playback.

thanks for your answer
    so is there a simple way to find out what driver is causing the problem ?
    disabling drivers didnt give me the answer :(

Edit : i ran letency checker agian
    some thing interesting happened
    while FireFox was running , i had random Red Bars , as soon as i closed FireFox , Red Bars gone !
    after 3-4 minutest i hadent even 1 yellow bar,and maximum latency was about 125 micro second !

Last edited:

AfshinBarani

Portal Pro
    April 16, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    ok , i kinda managed to solve my problem
    it was definetely a driver issue
    i couln't find out what driver was the problem,so i uninstalled every drvier except VGA Driver
    then i reboot pc , and ran latency checker,after 30 minutes there was no red bars
    then i started to enable and install drivers one after another
    after installing or enabling every driver i ran latency checker for about 30 minutes
    now after installing every driver , every thing is ok
    the thing is , before i install newer version of drviers , i didn't uninstall older drivers , so maybe left over from those drivers made the problem, i dont know
    i also changed an item in BIOS , some thing like IEST Intel (or some thing else)
    but now, every thing is ok , no stuttering , no fps drop and no repeats , so im happy again
    and thanks for your responses

i added one screen shot,i had 3 drops and 1 repeats at the start , after that , perfect .

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
      Untitled.jpg
      518.2 KB
    Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom