MP1 EVR Presenter/dshowhelper community development (1 Viewer)

esas

Portal Pro
November 14, 2006
Home Country
Norway Norway
Which version is planned for 1.3 Alpha?

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    It will probably be a modified version of v55g (the MP 1.2.3 version).

Note: the changes in MP 1.3.0 will mean that none of the existing dshowhelper versions in this thread will work with 1.3.0

Tony

Mark1982

Portal Member
    October 5, 2010
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi there,

Since I begun to use MP, I've never been able to get HDTV smooth, while all other content is.
    I'd like to get rid of the stutter or my false hope to get it smooth...
    I've read a lot and tried a lot and got smarter, but still not satisfied.

Following tried with different codecs/single monitor/Aero on and off/Auto refresh rate on and working...:
    The best possible HDTV picture I can produce now is de-interlaced, so 25Hz, while my cable-provider sends 1080i/50Hz (graph stats are straight/0 dropped frames). This results in blurry scrolling texts and fast movements like sports...
    With de-interlacing "off" I got very fluctuating and low refresh rates. Where it should be 50fps it's 18 to 34fps depending on the used codecs.
    I'm able to play everything else smooth including 1080P movies. My cable signal is OK...
    When I use YADIF de-interlacing with FFDshow codec, there is an option to double the framerate. But same story here (fluctuating and low)

I can't understand why HDTV doesn't get to 50Hz, does anyone have an answer?

Mark

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    Hi there,

Since I begun to use MP, I've never been able to get HDTV smooth, while all other content is.
    I'd like to get rid of the stutter or my false hope to get it smooth...
    I've read a lot and tried a lot and got smarter, but still not satisfied.

Following tried with different codecs/single monitor/Aero on and off/Auto refresh rate on and working...:
    The best possible HDTV picture I can produce now is de-interlaced, so 25Hz, while my cable-provider sends 1080i/50Hz (graph stats are straight/0 dropped frames). This results in blurry scrolling texts and fast movements like sports...
    With de-interlacing "off" I got very fluctuating and low refresh rates. Where it should be 50fps it's 18 to 34fps depending on the used codecs.
    I'm able to play everything else smooth including 1080P movies. My cable signal is OK...
    When I use YADIF de-interlacing with FFDshow codec, there is an option to double the framerate. But same story here (fluctuating and low)

I can't understand why HDTV doesn't get to 50Hz, does anyone have an answer?

Mark

You need to post your system specs, codec setup etc to get any sort of sensible answer....

Tony

doveman

Portal Pro
    February 12, 2008
    Home Country
    I'm guessing I just need to wait for a 1.3.0 compatible part-DWM dshowhelper to fix this problem.

I've been using my "Spare HTPC" system for a while, which only runs on a single-screen but today switched back to my Main system which runs dual-screen and found the render time whilst watching TV was 20ms. I tried closing MP and restarting it a couple of times to no avail and then switched to single-screen which reduced it to 2ms. Then I switched back to dual-screen and the render time remained 2ms, so I guess going to single-screen and back to dual-screen fixed whatever the problem was.

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    It won't be a 'v92' version - it will be an MP 1.3.0 version with DWM 'queued' mode support added.

Tony

doveman

Portal Pro
    February 12, 2008
    Home Country
    I received this on a mailing list and wondered if it has any relevance for MP?

"Just because audio is in the digital domain, you cannot assume that digital-domain audio processors such as sample rate converters and equalizers provide excellent performance. The Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 Audio Kernel has a bug that can degrade its record sample rate converter performance. I strongly urge any users of these operating systems to update the Windows Audio Kernel with the Microsoft Hotfix that is described and explained here:

http://www.indexcom.com/tech/WindowsAudioSRC/

In summary, the bug affects all audio record/capture/encoder applications that use the Microsoft MME API. These applications include Audacity, SoundForge, CoolEdit, older versions of Adobe Audition, and all streaming encoders that do not include their own resampling. This problem appears when the destination audio sample rate does not match the hardware sample rate. This can be confusing because these parameters are set in the Windows 7 Sound Control Panel, under Device Properties/Advanced, and unless you know to look there (which many production personnel will not), audio quality can be compromised.

Testing sample rate converters requires paying attention to many details, including what the audio hardware supports. Many do not know that the new Microsoft WASAPI Audio API does not provide sample rate conversion, so developers are required to include their own sample rate converters within each application. Not all sample rate converter designs preserve the signal to noise ratio of their input signals; some add nasty-sounding aliasing or other junk. Choose your audio software wisely!

Here is an informative and revealing link to SRC Comparisons

http://src.infinitewave.ca/

After viewing this, you are likely to look at digital audio software much more critically. I urge everyone to learn how to analyze and edit audio in the spectral domain. Most audio editor packages offer this mode and some amazing things can be done there.

I have worked with Microsoft to make this Hotfix available.

This was a huge effort. This is not a problem with Windows 8, but good luck with that for a multitude of other reasons. We thank Microsoft for making this Hotfix available."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom