1.32 MP1 not finding my Video files!!!....logs attached!! (1 Viewer)

tonewheelkev

Portal Pro
February 10, 2012
Leeds
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Have used MP1 for some years now....and without problems :)
Problem now....is that I can see my Video folders....but they won't open to give access to the files contained inside... :(
I've most likely done something silly when I upgraded recently to X64....?
Otherwise....all's fine.
Any thoughts please???

Attachments

• MP_Logs_KEVC-HTPC_23_11_23_12_21.zip
    793.6 KB

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    Any thoughts
    Thoughts? Yes, I think that you would probably have an easier life if you reverted to MP 1.31. Unfortunately, MP 1.32 has some inconsistencies in the 64-bit version, which you may be able to fix with manual fiddling ... or maybe not.

I have looked at the log files, but they don't indicate to me what might be causing your problem, so I will have to leave it to one of the few remaining developers to identify the problem (if they have time).

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I really can't say if that is a good idea.
    if it was indeed a fresh installation without too much customization I'd opt for removing it first (and all possible remnants)

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I upgraded a working 1.31 x64 Pre to 1.32 x64 Final without major issues (it is the fresh install that has big problems). For what it is worth I can access videos including BD .iso's from Videos though I mainly use Moving Pictures for movies and MP TV series for most other vids both plugins have also been upgraded to their x64 versions and are also working well.

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    Problem now....is that I can see my Video folders....but they won't open to give access to the files contained inside...
    What do you mean he doesn't see?

Where are the Video files located:
    • On the local computer with Media Portal?
    • On a network drive and you are trying to add them by network name?
    • On a network drive mapped to a letter?
    • Or is this a saved configuration file from a previous installation?
    Let me also remind you that the Configurator is launched with elevated privileges (on behalf of the Administrator), so the Administrator needs access to the resource on which the Video files are located, if it is a network drive mapped to a letter, then the same procedure must be carried out on behalf of the Administrator, because this is a different profile and it has its own settings.

:):whistle::coffee:

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    PS: @tonewheelkev Logs should be done in debugging mode, and in principle, the Mediaportal.log and Configuration.log files are sufficient if these are general problems with the Media Portal and not with Plugins or TV Server.

tonewheelkev

Portal Pro
    February 10, 2012
    Leeds
    Home Country
    Thanks for the comments!
    I went back to a fresh install of 1.30....and bingo, can now both see and open files in the parent Video Folder :)
    Perhaps I'll wait for 1.33 x64 to arrive before going any further.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom