MP1 stops responding after Starting Plugins (1 Viewer)

morgan53

Portal Member
December 18, 2007
MP1 stops responding after Starting Plugins, it shows the background of the skin but the GUI doesn't load and task manager shows the process is not responding. There have been times that it works but not many. This has been a problem for months thru multiple versions of MP1. I have searched the forums multiple times and found nothing similar.

Attachments

• MediaPortalLogs_07_10_19__09_19.zip
    1.3 MB

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    MP1 stops responding after Starting Plugins
    Does MP work satisfactorily if you disable all plugins? (You can leave "PowerScheduler" enabled.)

Be aware that most plugins are poorly supported. Their authors often lose interest, and no one else is sufficiently interested to take over maintenance of the plugin. :(

If MP works OK with no plugins, try enabling them one by one and retesting. This should enable you to find which plugin is the one causing the problem. If there is no one available to fix it, you will have to learn to use MP without that plugin. :(

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

morgan53

Portal Member
    December 18, 2007
    I have disabled everything in the plugins section of configuration but Home(it won't disable) and the same behavior occurs.
    I may have not been clear on the starting plugins, I'm referring to the status text on the mediaportal startup splash screen.
    During the times that the GUI menu items do appear nothing really works, I can hear very delayed navigation sounds and menu movement.

Thanks so much for replying.

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I'm referring to the status text on the mediaportal startup splash screen.
    OK, sorry that I misunderstood.

Looking at your "Configuration-Error.log" file, there seems to be an error with your music database. I don't know the significance of the error, but you could try renaming the music database so that MP cannot find it. That should cause MP to create a new, empty, music database, which may allow MP to run normally. The music database is this:

C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Database\MusicDatabaseV13.db3

The "ProgramData" folder is a hidden folder, so you will need to change the settings for "Windows Explorer" so that it shows hidden folders and files.

mrbonsen

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • December 6, 2008
    Brensbach (HE) ehemals Görlitz
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    mp 1.23 starts clean for me. But I have the same error message in the logs. music db erased and re-imported, same error.
    under 1.22 no error's !
    I did this test several times on my test computer. clean setup mp 1.23 and 1.22.
    with old secured music db or newly read db.
    result always the same (n)
    would be quite ok if someone with mp 1.23 could confirm this to rule out system errors

Attachments

• MediaPortal-Error.log
      888 bytes
    Last edited:

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    @ajs ?

Yes in 1.23 small error for music db present. my fault, because of typos and no one found this during the testing process. but this error does not affect the performance of the media portal. just an extra write to the log file at startup when trying to create an index.

--
    WBR, ajs :):whistle::coffee:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom