MP1 Upgrade to 1.17 causes playback of recordings to stop (2 Viewers)

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    TsReader is the filter (codec) that is in use for LiveTV and recordedTV and it should include Core CC parser (if i'm not wrong) and then using the Core CC Parser in TV Post processing is not needed anymore :)

OTA Watcher

Portal Member
    September 21, 2017
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    When I unchecked CC core parser and the other settings were like you show, I get no subtitles at all, However, I now have a new problem: I get no live tv at all. I get the guide but no a single show will start up. The recordings still start up. I am going to restart the computer after I send this.

OTA Watcher

Portal Member
    September 21, 2017
    Home Country
    After many restarts, rescans of tuner cards, cc parser off and on again, it seems to be working for now at least. Turning the cc parser off seems to have reset something. But I do not have subtitles unless I turn it on so it is back on for now. Thank you for helping me out.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Happy to know that it works now :p

Ps: when doing testing this, i have noticed that it doesn't works with madVR (because madVR didn't have a second input like EVR) but that not for you but write this here for reminder :p
    @Owlsroost do you think that we can merge CC Parser into TsReader or DVBSubtitle3 ?

OTA Watcher

Portal Member
    September 21, 2017
    Home Country
    I spoke too soon. It is still crashing. It crashed 3 times in a row because your Watchdog saves the log files and restarts it. Before the 3d crash, I changed HDMI port on the tv thinking that the one that talks back could be causing a problem, but it made no difference. Last night it worked for one program although it would hesitate when I jumped forward 3 minutes. When it crashes, the picture freezes and the program sound continues running for about 5 seconds before everything stops. I always have to use task manager to end it.

OTA Watcher

Portal Member
    September 21, 2017
    Home Country
    It still crashes whenever I check the box to turn on CC Core Parser. I even turned off the TV's subtitles to see if that was the conflict but it made no difference. It seems to work fine without subtitles. But before I upgraded to 1.17, it worked fine with CC Core Parser, so something changed. The most recent crash stopped the video but the audio continued for 20 seconds. Then I had to use task manager to end it. It is set up like your middle diagram, CC to Lav to EVR. Maybe I am not making the problem clear for you: it plays fine if I want to watch it like live tv, commercials and all straight thru. It is only when I jump forward 1 minute, 3 minutes, 5 minutes or whatever that it freezes up at the point it jumps to and vice versa if I back up too. And it is not immediate on freezing: it works normally for a while and lets me jump time and then it will freeze. I do not see a pattern in timing on that. I will play more tonight with CC off to see if that fixes it. But if it does, is there an alternative to having CC on? Just checking the boxes in the TV to say to turn them on does nothing without CC Parser on my computer.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    It's maybe related to HID, could you disable it ? :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom