MP1 Upgrade to 1.17 causes playback of recordings to stop (1 Viewer)

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    From the two sets of logs I've looked at, it looks like the Core CC Parser + video decoder filter path is hanging (refusing to accept samples) after a seek sometimes - the TsReader log shows a lot of buffered video samples (> 600) when it hangs because they can't go anywhere.

I'll try and reproduce the problem...

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    Interestingly I couldn't get it to hang with the two test files RonD supplied, so the problem seems to be file/stream dependant (to some extent).

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    *I think* I've worked out what is happening and hopefully fixed it.

@OTA Watcher - Please try this new v1.0.0.1 version of the Core-CC-Parser filter (cccp.ax).

To install it, copy the cccp.ax from the attached zip file into C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal (after making a backup copy of the original).

Please let us know if it fixes the problem.

(The Git branch with the changes is here - GitHub - MediaPortal/MediaPortal-1 at MP1-4892-BUG-TV_CC_hang_after_seek )

Attachments

• cccp_v1001.zip
      69.8 KB
    Last edited:

RonD

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • December 20, 2011
    SillyValley CA
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I'll give this a try on my US ATSC systems, I also see some problems with ATSC CC and time skipping.

@Owlsroost On a different topic since core-cc source is available. On some USA NBC shows, most of the closed captions are displayed but many are missing. I'd guess its 70% work 30% missing. For 1 or 2 shows I've watched the same recording with vlc.exe and all the closed captions show up. If this is something that can be fixed, I'll start a new thread. I'd need to find consistent failing video

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    On some USA NBC shows, most of the closed captions are displayed but many are missing. I'd guess its 70% work 30% missing. For 1 or 2 shows I've watched the same recording with vlc.exe and all the closed captions show up. If this is something that can be fixed, I'll start a new thread.

It may be possible to fix it, but as you say you need to find a suitable test recording so we can investigate the problem. The base CC parsing code in the Core CC Parser filter is quite old (the original CCCP source files were copyright 2004).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom